PDA

View Full Version : Backup Solutions Available?

raftcomm
March 9th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Hi Chuck,

Can you advise if the application comes with any backup solutions? My current web hoster, Godaddy does have some level of system backups however apart from the flat files, im just as concerned about the database and whether it will be backed up daily. Can you advise if there are any tools available via the backend of photopost that will allow me to schedule periodic backups of both the flat files and database?

Also can you advise when the sale of the application is ending? Currently its advertised at US$129 as the sale price.

Chuck S
March 9th, 2009, 09:12 PM
Our application does not have backup utilities that is usually a hosting solution that has those.

You should be able to install from your hosting panel phpmyadmin and you can export your database using that or there are tools you can download and run as a cron to automatically backup databases like this

Backup your MySQL databases automatically with AutoMySQLBackup | MDLog:/sysadmin (http://www.ducea.com/2006/05/27/backup-your-mysql-databases-automatically-with-automysqlbackup/)

You will also want to backup your actual files via ftp every week or so

The price should be the same for awhile.

raftcomm
March 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Thanks Chuck once again. I will most definitely be looking into that. Godaddy host already provides phpmyadmin but its the scheduling that i needed most as i wont be able to manually kick off backups every day.

Ive placed my order for photopost based on all your feedback so thanks once again for being such a great help thus far.

Chuck S
March 10th, 2009, 10:31 PM
yeah I use a script like automysqlbackup to do my databases daily weekly and monthly automatically set up through a server cron task.