PDA

View Full Version : Joomla 1.5, Phpbb3 integration with Photopost?

raftcomm
March 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Hi,

Ive started a hobby site which now requires the use of a gallery just like this one. Ive read the description that it will integrate with phpbb however it was explicitly stated that it will integrate with phpbb3. Can i get confirmation on this please?

Also my main site runs off Joomla 1.5 and i have already integrated it with phpbb3 via a JFusion plugin. When a user registers on the joomla site, it automatically creates an account on the phpbb3 forum. With that already in play, can photopost's integration with phpbb3 also automatically create the same user and therefore still remain as a single login?

Appreciate any info you may be able to provide as im seriously contemplating purchasing this license.

Chuck S
March 4th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Our photopost integration with phpbb3 includes authenticating the phpbb3 user which exists in the phpbb3 users table ;)

raftcomm
March 4th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Thanks Chuck.

I just realized i made a typo in my original message.

however it was explicitly stated that it will integrate with phpbb3. Can i get confirmation on this please?

What i meant to say was that it WASN'T explicitly stated. So can i assume that if a user had been created in the phpbb user tables that photopost will automatically create the user as well if it didnt exist in photopost?

Your post mainly spoke about authentication which is great if the user already exist on both applications so it would be great if you could clarify the above.

Chuck S
March 4th, 2009, 09:49 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/before-you-buy/114560-what-integrations-we-support.html

It is explicitly stated we integrate with phpbb3 ;)

raftcomm
March 4th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Ah Thanks again Chuck. I was looking in the wrong part of the site. My bad. :o

Chuck S
March 5th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Have a good evening ;)