PDA

View Full Version : Photopost classifieds - limit number of ads based on usergroup?

~kev~
March 4th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Is there a way to limit the number of ads a member can post in the classifieds based on their usergroup?

My forum has 3 groups:
Members
VIP
Merchants

I would like to limit regular members to say, 10 ads every 30 days. While VIP and Merchants can have unlimited ads.

Chuck S
March 4th, 2009, 09:25 AM
There is setting for MAX FREE ADS sure per usergroup.

~kev~
March 4th, 2009, 10:00 AM
So I could do 10 free ads for the regular members group, and 1,000 free ads for the other 2 groups.

Chuck S
March 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM
If you wanted that setting is per usergroup

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
There is setting for MAX FREE ADS sure per usergroup.

is there a counter that is counting the actual number of free ads?

I initially had the free ads set to 0 (unlimited)
A user already had 8 existing ads.
When I saw that he had 8, I set the max free to 8.
He was allowed to create a 9th listing and did not have to pay.

Does the "free counter" only start when the max ads is set?

Chuck S
October 29th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I thought you where not doing paid ads?

The free ads only happens when payment for the group is setup.

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 07:49 PM
My site is like many many other sites. You get "x" free, then it's a "pay to play". So I need the "you have reached the max" to instead, allow him to create another listing but this time, charge him for it.

I mean... if a guy is willing to pay $20 for an ad, I tend to think that we'd let him have as many as he wants. Right??

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
The free ads only happens when payment for the group is setup.

i'm not sure I understand what you are saying.

Are you saying that the free ads only start incrementing when I have set a price on the ad... that if a guy has 8 ads that he has not been charged for, and if after he already has his 8, that I set his max free to 8, he will get another 8 for free??

I dunno Chuck... I can live with that I guess but the Max Ads limitation of not letting them purchase more is a tuff pill to swallow.

If it was your system, and you had max set to 3, and I said, "I'd like to purchase 10 more at $20 each", would you honestly say "sorry, you have reached your max" ??

Chuck S
October 29th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Like I said payment needs to be set to yes for the usergroup

under edit categories there has to be a payment amount

In uploadproduct.php we have this

if ( $User['payment'] == 1 && $freecheck == "1" )

Basically if there amount of ads is less than free amount freecheck is 0 but if its the same or more then free amount freecheck is 1 so payment should process.

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 08:11 PM

it IS set to 8... it was set AFTER the user had already created 8 listings. Does he now get 8 more free ads?? Or will he get prompted to pay on his 9th ad?

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
Category Ad Price Info
Note: When you have payments enabled, setting a value to 0 means there is no cost.
You must enable payments in the Admin Options for these setting to take effect.

No such option in "Admin Settings"

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 08:43 PM

under edit categories there has to be a payment amount

In uploadproduct.php we have this

Basically if there amount of ads is less than free amount freecheck is 0 but if its the same or more then free amount freecheck is 1 so payment should process.

I found the problem... this is NOT what was in my uploadproduct.php

but it IS now.... and it looks like it's working... will do some more checking to make sure.

Chuck S
October 29th, 2009, 08:59 PM
Not sure what you are referring to does not exist as the line I am referring to does exist.

ktmtalk
October 29th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Not sure what you are referring to does not exist as the line I am referring to does exist.

if you are referring to the line in uploadproduct.php, it might exist in YOUR copy, but it didn't exist in mine until I added it.

If you are referring to my post about "No such option in Admin Settings", here is my Admin Options screen. If there is a "You must enable payments in the Admin Options" on this screen, then I must be blind.

Chuck S
October 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM
well where you using some way old build? Thats the only way I could see that happen or if you upgraded and did not upload the uploadproduct file when you should have.

I beleive I stated payment must be setup per usergroup thats in edit usergroups for each usergroup.