PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost Voting Limits

allcompu
February 21st, 2009, 01:39 AM
I have read through the features of ReviewPost and am uncertain with the limitations on posting and voting on of reviews. What I want to know is can I restrict my vBulletin users to one vote (rating) and one review of any single item regardless of time limits?

Chuck S
February 21st, 2009, 09:27 AM
well they can only vote once. They can post multiple reviews because users wanted this. It use to be only one review in the old days but users did not like this. However to limit it to one review would be a simple edit the the reviews file.

allcompu
February 21st, 2009, 02:58 PM
Thank you. My main concerns were about being able to vote more than once and skew the rating.

Chuck S
February 21st, 2009, 10:30 PM
Not a problem. yeah users wanted the ability to post again in response etc etc but yes rating is only allowed once.

alanb
March 5th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi, my query is along the same lines. When you say only vote once, is that per photo or per category ? What I'm hoping for is ability to vote once on each photo if people wish. What method prevents multiple voting, is it IP related or cookie ?

thanks for any relevant info !

Chuck S
March 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
It is per product and it is tracked via user or if guests are allowed to post by IP