PDA

View Full Version : escrow system

dholt
February 19th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I was wondering if something like this is Built in

ScriptLance provides users with escrow payment options to help projects get completed smoothly. Buyers can set aside a specific amount of funds into an escrow account on ScriptLance, for a specific programmer. Both users can then view the payment in the escrow account, but only the buyer can complete the payment, from the escrow account to the programmer. The programmer is the only person (other than ScriptLance staff) who can cancel this escrow payment. This gives each party half of the control over the funds in the escrow account.

If the project gets completed, the buyer can transfer the funds from the escrow account to the programmer. If the project is cancelled amicably, the programmer can cancel the escrow payment and the funds will return to the buyer's account. If there are any disputes over a project, ScriptLance staff must be contacted before any funds can be moved from the escrow account.

ScriptLance encourages its users to send and receive funds with the escrow system, because it's another great way to make sure everyone gets what they want from a project.

dholt
February 19th, 2009, 09:33 AM
I understand escrow.com can do this but was wondering of suggestions and can it be incorporated into photopost classifieds

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I understand what that might have to do with getting programmers to develop scripts but do not understand what this might have to do with our classifieds script or really classifieds scripts in general? There is no escrow system in classifieds. In fact the biggest auction and classifieds site in the world I think ebay does not have this type of thing thats why I dont understand what an escrow system might have to do with classifieds where a user is getting payment in full for a product.

dholt
February 19th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Photopost has a payment system in Classifieds and photopost were folks can buy things using PayPal,Authorize.Net,MoneyBookers, and WorldPay.

As far as these I really don't have them activated as my site is dedicated to Harley Davidson's and if you wanted to buy a Harley then no way would you use pay pal lol.

As far as photopost goes I use only for photo sharing for the members

Our forum is dedicated to Support giving advice and self help. Upgrades tuneups and so on. All free advise

Some folks don't get what they need to do as we will offer the little more Help section with there Harley project using photopost classifieds.

Someone post mechanic needed for phone support walk through, will to pay 50.00

ok so lets just say they put the 50$ in escrow so the person helping with the work see's it there, then after the work is done and they are satisfied they release the funds to the mechanic.

I see there are Payment Options in classified and photopost but was wondering is there a way to incorporate escrow.com as one of the forms of payment options.

Chuck S
February 19th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I cant really answer that as I know nothing about escrow.com

I am sure you could do it if you know coding but from our company standpoint this does not look like an options that our users would use or would tie into a normal classifieds/auction site. The beauty of php code is that you can modify it as you wish unlike alot of code which is locked and protected.