PDA

View Full Version : Uninstall smf integration with gallery

travel124
February 15th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I have my simple machines integrated with my gallery and I would like to have them separate. Due to spamming I no longer want to use my forum.

Can you help me? Thank You!
Lori

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 09:35 AM
My understanding, if you remove the integration, you will loose ownership of photos and the user accounts.

What you could do with SMF if get a couple of plugins that will allow it to redirect for login and registration back to the gallery automatically, and remove all access to post in any forums.. plus remove any links you may have from your PP gallery? That would force a login screen for SMF, but return to the gallery..

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Did you post your site a bit ago in the showcase forum? Digital Scrapn Designs Gallery - Main Index - Powered by PhotoPost (http://www.digitalscrapn.com/gallery/index.php) ??

There is no style to the gallery - so did you already remove it?

travel124
February 15th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Yes I did. I have removed some things, but it keeps reverting to the forum for login. I just want users to register and login at the gallery.

Thank you.

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 09:59 AM
You would have to run the pp install script (re-install)and select the internal registration version - but it would mess up the currect users.. and ownership of any photos they uploaded.. make sure you back up everything!!

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 10:28 AM
yes as skidpics notes you would need to reinstall and all old photos etc would lose ownership since those users no longer exist really since you deleted the forum. There is a slight chance once you reinstall as a standalone since we copy all the pertinent user data over to photopost you might be able to get users to reset passwords and have things work right but that would require some work in the database. Example making sure the photopost database has emails for users set then you could essentially do this otherwise you need to start really over.

travel124
February 15th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Oh boy, this sounds like a mess to deal with. I don't feel like having a headache today..lol

Thank you for letting me know what to do.

Lori

Chuck S
February 15th, 2009, 12:06 PM
have a good weekend.

skidpics
February 15th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Oh boy, this sounds like a mess to deal with. I don't feel like having a headache today..lol

Thank you for letting me know what to do.

Lori

That's the reason I mentioned the SMF redirect plugin you can download - which will redirect logged in users to the url of your choice including the login, registration and confirmation - you can bypass the forums all together - and without links to it, no one will know it is there ;-) except when registering - it will be seen then.

you can even re-enable the PP message boards ;-)