PDA

View Full Version : Questions about integration with Vb 3.8?

TC Topps
February 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM
Hi!

The reason I am contacting you is that I am becoming frustrated with the lack of integration with VbAdvanced Links and Dynamics programs. Good programs in them selves, I am sure. But they lack across the forum integration for search features.

More over since I am not a php expert, nor one for avid editing of templates I want a program that is well structured within the Vb 3.8 environment. So at present I have a navbar problem with the installed vba products that does not reference some of the other php files when navigating from one part of the site to the other. I do not want this problem. When I click from the program to another location in one of the navbars, I want to send the traffic to that location.

I have vbAdvanced CMS installed and want to do some page layout changes as well. As many of the vBulletin.org and vBAdvance scripts are really cool. But I suspect that in loading up some of the programs, I may have over written some template settings??? Again I do not know!

Update: It may just be the inability to search across different tables in the scripts standard published format? I am still working on this definitive answer!

So what I wanted dynamics for was to create and inventory of ideas, photos, reviews that could be readily searched to draw info together.

As an ideal the products would be a collection spot for developing ideas and sharing the information across a field of subjects within the same genre.

So let me say, I wanted to discuss an XYZ subject, I could then categorize it. And with in the postings to that category could allow for RSS Feed, video attachment, photos, notes all in relation to that subject. Your example programs might satisfy this need. But are they searchable from a forum on my site???

I think I might be able to do this with classified or vb gallery or review. But I do not know.

Thanks for your prompt reply,

Chuck S
February 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Our product searches just like the forum query their own tables. You can not search across multiple product tables.

TC Topps
February 6th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Chuck;

How limiting would that be? Could I use any of your programs and they would talk with each other? Or is it again problem with each of your programs not being able to do the same type of "query?"

I understand that even vBulletin vBlog and Project Tools have these same search limitations.

So would you have any suggestions? Would one of your products make a better fit for me?

Thanks

Chuck S
February 6th, 2009, 05:39 PM
TC

As to any of our programs that would depend on what you need. We sell a gallery, classifieds and product review applications.

The search functions your going to find are the same on any program they search there own tables for content within that specific program.

TC Topps
February 6th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Chuck;

Can the function for notes, photos be expanded in the set up for your different 3 programs? How about RSS and media?

Thanks

Chuck S
February 6th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Not sure what you mean by the function for notes and photos be expanded.

Our programs have rss capability and our gallery has the ability to upload multimedia files.

TC Topps
February 6th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Chuck;

If I wanted to expand on a thought on a specific photo could I do that more so in review and classifieds than vbGallery.

I guess which one is like a forum thread or can invite an user response(s) to a post.

Thanks

Chuck S
February 7th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Any of our products you are allowed to comment on the photo product ads etc.

TC Topps
February 7th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Chuck;

In the integration with vbPortal, is their some advantage that your programs give it than the standard review and classifieds that come with vbPortal.

Their programs look like stripped down versions or reuse of the existing vBulletin database to reposition info. Which is fine to begin I suppose.

How up to date is vbPortal? It seems to offer in a package most if not all the things that I am struggling to put together piece meal in vBulletin and vBAdvanced.

Your programs would still be stand alone databases that would not allow searching across the different tables. Am I correct that problem would still exist? Not that it is a huge problem.

Thanks again for your prompt reply,

TC Topps

Chuck S
February 7th, 2009, 09:41 AM
vbportal is a program that pulls info from vbulletin etc. I prefer vbportal over vbadvanced anyday. I use it myself on my personal hobby site.

Reeftalk Index - Reeftalk Index (http://www.reeftalk.com/)

TC Topps
February 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Chuck;

I installed vbPortal as per your recommendation. It installed smoothly, with the usual first time install issues. Actually was able to get it installed from within user support forum info and only a couple of minimal pointers. So it may have went very well. So I was well pleased considering the functionality of it; and of course a very impressive price that is well worth the expenditure.

I have yet to install my Extremepixel styles to vbportal but it looks like that should go well too. As add-on xml files have been developed for them. Am I going to have additional edits to my styles when I install your products?

How difficult is it to install your programs into vbulletin and vbPortal? Most install I have been doing now only require a couple quick edits and loading of an xml file. Are there any hurdles that a novice with about 11 months experience going to run into? Or do I just need to turn on the right switch or edit for proper file location with in "your" admincp?

I am referring to Classified and Review Post.

Thanks,

TC Topps

P.S. Chuck, I noticed that one of the above mentioned programs has Pay Pal built into it. How about the other? Or is it just installing a script thru your program manager function.

As an example: I can do the below thruout Vbulletin? The script AME 2.0 embeds video and/or audio where ever I place a link inside of the text. Can I continue to do this in your programs too?

Chuck S
February 11th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Install is pretty straight forward and as long as things are answered correctly there should be no issues

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/136878-vbulletin-installation-integration-common-issues-resolutions.html

Only thing I will say about custom styles hey I use one is this. Make sure in the style global settings that image links are full urls to the directories etc not relative links so images can be found. The thread about also explains that.

TC Topps
February 11th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Hi!

How about the embedded programs in Vbulletin. Can I still use the AME program in these programs from your company?

Thanks
TC Topps

Chuck S
February 12th, 2009, 08:14 AM
AME? Not following your last post.

TC Topps
March 1st, 2009, 12:10 PM
Chuck; I have installed the vbPortal product.

Is there any thing to look out for in the installarion of classified and review that I have purchased from your company?

I am looking for instructions at this time. Any quick pointers?

Thanks

TC Topps

Chuck S
March 1st, 2009, 12:14 PM
No issues that I know of. They all work well together as can be shown on my hobby site

Reeftalk Index - Reeftalk Index (http://www.reeftalk.com/index.php)

TC Topps
March 1st, 2009, 09:59 PM
Chuck;

It took some doing but I got this far.

Two points, I accidentally entered my forum database info in the config fill in. This point did not seem clear? I blew up my database with that bonehead move.

The next the word MOGIFRY should be stated as mogifry. Took for ever to get beyound that point. What with the poor communications at my server site, I had to figure it out on my own by trial and error. The "mogifry" statement would have helped a little.

Now what does this next statement mean. I am looking at the config. and do not see anything.

So what is next. I will check my user name as that appears to be different. Without the correct username I would get the password:NO. Any thing else?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221
I cannot connect to the Members database.

Thanks,

TC Topps

I tried in the second part of integration with forum by adding

localhost
database
username
password.

got the same error at end but now a lot of error messages that the files etc had all ready been installed? It was a dark blue background so very hard to read?

So we have the Classified data base set up properly or we would not have got this far, What is missing?

So in a third look at this I did get a YES on password as my forum location listed was wrong but still the same error message now with corrected user name

Do I need to start from scratch now that I have received these error messages? I think that getting the right statements are needed?

Thanks

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
You will need to install correctly sure

Now I think you mean mogrify and its typed correctly in our program that I see so not sure what you mean by the comment.

Anyway to respond to the one issue I see above this

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221

This means the user database information is incorrect. when you integrate with a forum you want to put the forums database information where it says user database information under the config step. Photoposts goes on the photopost part. if this is a standalone photopost the same information goes in both spots.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 07:37 AM
The mogrify edit should be in small letters. I used caps as that is how it is presented in the notes. It was usr/bin/mogrify

I have the

localhost
classified database name
classified user name
classified database password

Second section of integration I have

localhost
forums database name
forums user name
forums database password.

I have check this several times. Is this error I posted in regard to the second part?

I will look again at my config-inc.php file.

Thanks

TC Topps

UPDATE:
Went thru again and i get this message with updated user and a YES on password?

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz_tctopps'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221

Is there an edit in vportal or vbulletin that I need to make?

UPDATE:

Now my vbulleting database is screwed up again. I did not try to use the same database for both classified and vbulletin. One each separate. As explained above. What happened please!

Thanks,
TC Topps

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 09:50 AM
Our sample mogrify statement is in small letters on the config script

Your vb database can not get screwed up running a photopost install script as our tables are not the same. I would look at whatever else you have done also vb sends the actual database error to the technical email in your config file of vb. So what is your vb error? Maybe when you looked at your vb config file to get the right info you mistakenly changed something? Your vb error should tell you what your issue is.

Now as to the error it is still the same.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz_tctopps'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 1221

That error tells me something on your vb database credentials is incorrect

We can not connect to the vb database. You need to verify the host username password and database name are exactly the same as a working vb install's config says.

http://tcbiz.biz/vbportal/tcbizforum/

http://classifieds.tcbiz.biz/

Your classifieds says it cant connect to its own database either

You sure you have assigned the user to the database?

Try using regular passwords without special characters.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 10:33 AM
in the second part are we talking the vbforum user name and the vbforum user passwordl
I was entering the database user and database password

I am sorry as I am looking for a more visual and precise statement on this. (Probably examples.) As what I was reading I intrepreted above.

My error! But the visual would have helped.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
Correct but your error is still the same. It does not allow access. Thats why I suggested creating a user and password like so

tcbizbiz_tcadmin

and say strong password like so no weird characters

gad3TtL9

assign a user like that to all databases and rerun photopost install

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 10:37 AM
Your forum error though you need to find out the issue through their error email and correct any issue as that would be outside our install script since we dont change or do anything with vbulletin in any manner whatsoever so that issue is separate.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 10:39 AM
I am reinstalling the install files for vportal and vbulletin.

I will get back later.

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 10:41 AM
No problem let me know how it works out.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user "dbaseusername"@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/yoursite/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 534
I cannot connect to the PhotoPost Classifieds MySQL server. [host:$host][mysql_user:$mysql_user][mysql_password:$mysql_password]. Check your config-inc.php for the correct settings and rerun.

I have done this?

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 01:41 PM
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'tcbizbiz_tctopps'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/install.php on line 534
I cannot connect to the PhotoPost Classifieds MySQL server. [host:$host][mysql_user:$mysql_user][mysql_password:$mysql_password]. Check your config-inc.php for the correct settings and rerun.

That is the error I see.

have you created a new generic user with a password like I instructed and made that user available to both databases?

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 01:52 PM
I am not using the same user for both databases. As one creates a suffix because of the cpanel database wizard

The first setup uses the mysql database name for classified database
and the mysql username. It has a prefix on the front of it created by the cpanel wizard

The second database integration; I am using my login to Forum as administrator. I do note the mysql database first but then user and password are the forum user/password.

I will try using the forum name and user password for both?

No that did not work!

Hmm!

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Your database details for the forum need to be the correct database information to connect to the forum database which is in your forums includes directory config.php file

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'TC Topps'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/pp-inc.php on line 194
I cannot connect to the PhotoPost Classifieds database. [$php_errormsg]

You can go under your cpanel mysql database settings and where it has the box to assign a user to a database assign a user to the classifieds database. You can have more than one user.

I am merely saying none of the details you have entered match up to a user that has access to that database.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 02:17 PM
Chuck;

I have from the beginning the same database user. Each mysql database has its own password.

Do I put in localhost,classified database. classified user, and classified password,

I have the same for forum: localhost, forum mysql database, same user mysql, and different forum mysql password.

This is the path:/home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM
mysql users do not have different passwords per database.

I have never seen any server like that

You define mysql databases and you define mysql users. You then assign mysql users to databases. You can not have 2 of the very same mysql users on the server. Mysql does not allow that.

I have worked with CPANEL ENSIM AND PLESK as well as a few others and its always the same.

Twin Cities Biz (http://classifieds.tcbiz.biz/)

Look I installed with the same password as the forum and look

Now its not perfect because you need to reinstall with all the correct information after the config portion. I can not guess your server paths table prefix for forum tables etc but when you look at your config you will see why it worked.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
Chuck; with the cpanel, as you state create different mysql database each of which have their own password.

I have several users that could be assigned to any of them as I am the administrator for the site.

So that is not the problem.

Are you saying that you installed something to my site? I set up a subdomain "classified?" Where you able to get to the config_inc.php

Thanks for your return.

Are you suggesting that I use the same password for all my mysql databases, Chuck, in this relationship with Vbulletin.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 03:11 PM
Ha! This is all amazing to me! Ha! I learn by trial and error and repetition.

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 03:28 PM
Well, I got thru config file setup.

But now I want to return my config back to chmod 644. But I am not sure. Also there was a large number of other files we changed to 777, Do they stay 777.

Right now I am getting three error messages when I type in classified.tcbiz.biz.

Thanks

TC Topps

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM
Chuck;

When I put the passwords into config-inc they changed from 12 to 8 digit passwords which no longer match the mysql database password.

TC Topps

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 06:15 PM
Chuck;

Thanks for your help! I was having a problem with the relationships of the user and the databases for each program.

I was aware that a mysql user can be associated with with other mysql databases.. But I usually create the one with the other at the time of database creation.

But by simply using the same user for each database solves the integration problem. (The user name holds the password NOT the database even though database and user is created at the website administrative permission level.)

The database creation can be looked at separately even though you need the permissions to create the database. (The user relationship to the database can be different. So in that regard out of habit I was making an error in thinking.)

I took me a while to figure it out.

Thanks again for your help.

TC Topps

TC Topps
March 2nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Chuck;

I tried looking for more detail on the white list editing. I can find it in admin but I am not using the correct syntax.

.classifieds.tcbiz.biz/vportal/tcbizforum

That does not do it?

Also I tried searching and posting in the classified section and was told that I was not allowed because of permissions, even though i have signed up and made a purchase???

Thanks, I need a rock solid example following my example above of a white list comment to enter into Vb Admincp

Thanks,

TC Topps

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
No white listing in vb would look like this

classifieds.tcbiz.biz

Thats what you want to enter

Chuck S
March 2nd, 2009, 08:27 PM
Fatal error: Call to undefined function gettemplate() in /home/tcbizbiz/public_html/classifieds/header-inc.php on line 289

You dont have vb2 you want to edit config-int.php and turn off the define for vb2 the only define lines to have set to on would be the vb3 ones.

TC Topps
March 3rd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Chuck;

I turned of the vb2 integretion and vb2portal and bingo it worked great. Thanks!

I installed the reviewpost program in about 5 minutes, if that, went in perfect. It is just a learning process for the install, nothing very tricky about it at all.

Thanks again,
TC Topps

P.S. I was wanting to do different layouts with classified or reviews. Are there some templates available for the layout? I am a little confused on this.

TC Topps
March 3rd, 2009, 08:21 PM
Chuck;

Do you chmod the templates and style sheet files back from 777 to 644 after install is complete.

1. On my reviewpost I am missing some icons etc. The same icons in Classifieds are visible. I can not find the files that may need to be copied to a directory in Reviews.

Why are they not included. Or was it a directory that I did not chmod to 777 upon installation. I used the structure I found for the install for Classifieds in the reviewpost installation.

Where are they please?

2. I am trying to change a style for reviewpost. In classifieds I can change the style but in review post I can not. Can't find the selection switch for user changeable.

UPDATE:
My first and second question is answered but I do not know why. When I go to www.site.com/reviews, then all icons are visible and I can change the style. But if I go to the subdomain name www.reviews.site.com, then the icons do not show and style can not be changed? Most other programs that I recall do not differenciate? Why is this?
Thanks

Chuck S
March 3rd, 2009, 09:13 PM
The stylesheets css files and template tmpl files are suppose to be 666

1. I dont know would have to see a url and example of a missing image. Maybe stylesheet related

2. To change a style its the same place it is in classifieds under layout options in admin but your integrating with vb so you use the vb style right.

Main Index - My Product Gallery (http://reviews.tcbiz.biz/)

what is missing?

TC Topps
March 3rd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Well, when I go review.tcbiz.biz a bunch of small graphics icons are not visible. But all show up when it is tcbiz.biz/reviews

I am not finding members area to review my account info. I can not sign post in site. I received your link

Thanks, but need a link to find the place to edit my into to be allowed in, I guess I am using info from another site possibly.

Thanks

Chuck S
March 3rd, 2009, 11:16 PM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-product-faqs/136878-vbulletin-installation-integration-common-issues-resolutions.html

Read number 3 on that FAQ thread. If your using custom styles etc make sure your paths to images in the style setup are full url

TC Topps
March 9th, 2009, 02:58 AM
Chuck;

After creating an ad listing and several classified categories, It appears that the error message that I refered to you has dissappeared. The classified search button was looking for an ad, but there was nothing available at the time for it to locate, so I am guessing an error message came up.

I'll get back later to confirm.

TC Topps

Chuck S
March 9th, 2009, 08:50 AM
Okay well glad your working then.