PDA

View Full Version : How do you batch upload?

rothnroll
January 31st, 2009, 11:37 PM
Hello, just downloaded and purchased photopost for vbulletin

How do I batch upload my images (about 1000)
I couldn't find it in the read me info on the install.
Is there a manual for this?
B=0

skidpics
February 1st, 2009, 08:55 AM
Upload them via FTP to either a folder in the /upload directory that you create, such as /tempuploads or if you want to add those images as yourself (admin), upload them to /uploads/0 - The number indicates the user

With that, when you process images as you are logged in, it will pull the recent FTP uploads.

With the other directory uploads, you will need to turn the flash upload off in order to retreive from a different directory. YOu will see a place to change the upload directory at the bottom of the non flash version of the uploadphoto page..

just change the last part of /uploads/xxx to /uploads/whatever directory you uploaded to. Click the process and there you go.

The flash uploader will let you add up to 100 at a time.. ;-)

Hope that makes sense.

Chuck S
February 1st, 2009, 11:03 AM
If using the bulk upload via ftp make sure to check off this option on the upload screen and fill out the proper server path where the directory you created is and make sure that directory is 777 permissions.

Files should already be in

Skip upload and process the files already in your upload directory

rothnroll
February 1st, 2009, 12:31 PM
Upload files directly from the server
Files should be in: /home/content/r/o/t/rotharmy/html/gallery/users/1

How do I make it so that it isn't associated with a user?

rothnroll
February 1st, 2009, 12:35 PM
With the other directory uploads, you will need to turn the flash upload off in order to retreive from a different directory. YOu will see a place to change the upload directory at the bottom of the non flash version of the uploadphoto page..

How do you turn off the flash upload?

rothnroll
February 1st, 2009, 12:42 PM
trying to bulk upload without it being associated with a user..

rothnroll
February 1st, 2009, 12:44 PM
I am using v2.4.3

Chuck S
February 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Your posting about vbgallery ah okay.

1. You cant all photos are associated with some user on upload unless you allow guest uploads which of course can not bulk upload.

2. Not an option in vbGallery.

skidpics
February 1st, 2009, 02:17 PM
Chuck, unless I am mistaken. Bulk upload can be tricked via a guest user.. if you ftp the files to the /uploads/0 directory..

then upload an image as a guest, and it will detect all the files in the directory, thus initiate the bulk upload process.

rothnroll
February 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks guys.
Got everything sorted..

Chuck S
February 2nd, 2009, 10:35 AM
Well I suppose you mean /users/0 since this is vbgallery its possible

Glad you got it sorted rothnroll.