PDA

View Full Version : Cannot make any forum posts :)

b6gm6n
January 22nd, 2009, 09:27 AM
Although i can get into the members area, i upgrade last night because of the forum message "Your support contract has expired. Please click the renewal link in the email you were sent, or visit this page to order a renewal." but it's still there?, i cannot make any posts... if anyone can fix this i'd be grateful, cheers :)

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Before You Buy (http://www.photopost.com/forum/before-you-buy/announcements.html)

Does this assist you in any way?

Basically your forum email has to match that email on file for a license that has valid access to files and support.

Bill Thebert
January 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
My email address in the vBulletin userCP matches that on the license listed under my member area account.

I've waited the recommended hour, and I've made a test post in this forum (which I am now editing).

I still do not show as a verified customer, however, and I am still not permitted to post in the support forum.

I've owned multiple PhotoPost licenses for years, dating back to when it was written in Perl.

What next?

Chuck S
January 31st, 2009, 08:56 AM
Unless you have licenses in another name I show 2 photopost licenses which both are expired for support and download access. To enable access to support you would need to renew members access.

Bill Thebert
January 31st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Unless you have licenses in another name I show 2 photopost licenses which both are expired for support and download access. To enable access to support you would need to renew members access.

Silly me.

I knew that I had to pay if I wished to renew my download access.

I didn't realize that I also had to pay in order to ask a question about an owned license.

Moreover, only ONE license is showing in my members area. Where may I ask about getting the others to appear? Is that a free question? Or am I putting the cart before the horse?

Chuck S
January 31st, 2009, 09:56 AM
You can link other licenses using the link in the members area to have them all on one page.

Bill Thebert
January 31st, 2009, 10:28 AM
You can link other licenses using the link in the members area to have them all on one page.

Where may I edit the email address shown under the "Contact" for a given license?

Chuck S
January 31st, 2009, 10:46 AM
You can not edit your license email. You can however set your forum email to a license email that is still valid in your usercp on the forum. However from what I see you own two licenses both expired unless you have other licenses under another name. The ones I see are for Bill Thebert

Bill Thebert
January 31st, 2009, 04:23 PM
You can not edit your license email. You can however set your forum email to a license email that is still valid in your usercp on the forum. However from what I see you own two licenses both expired unless you have other licenses under another name. The ones I see are for Bill Thebert

That's exactly the problem: While my name is the same on both licenses, they're showing two different emails. Obviously my forum email address can (and does) only match one and not both.

Moreover, I will likely be moving one installation to another domain, so I would like the email associated with ALL my licenses to be *independent* of any of the domains on which I might use them (i.e., I'd like it to be my current forum email address).

There *must* be some way of updating licensee contact information if/when an email address changes, even if I can't do it myself. Would you share that method with me, please?

Chuck S
January 31st, 2009, 05:09 PM
You can email sales and get the emails set to one email sure but as I stated before both licenses are expired to support and download access.

b6gm6n
February 8th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Fixed, thanks for the advice...

-b6

EDIT...nope, not fixed, still cannot post in the support forums.

Chuck S
February 8th, 2009, 08:11 PM
I show your verified

b6gm6n
February 8th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Yes it's working now.... i should of waited, thought it would be instant...oh well, cheers

Chuck S
February 9th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Yep the announcement on the top of most forums does state the cron job can take awhile to run depending when your bumped.