PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Pro Question

PeeWee
January 21st, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hello,
I just started running a classic truck club website that pertains original 1940s to 1970s 4 wheel drive trucks. I'm trying to find a photo gallery program that I can have four fixed categories, the examples are:
1947 to 1955 4x4 Trucks
1955 to 1959 4x4 Trucks
1960 to 1966 4x4 Trucks
1967 to 1973 4x4 Trucks

Then our members can choose one of these categories to create a photo album of his truck in and have complete control over his own pictures in his album.

Does that make any sense about having fixed categories for our members to choose from? Also I'd like to add it in our new phpBB3 forum if possible, if not then at our website.

Thank you for your time,
Pee-Wee :)

skidpics
January 21st, 2009, 10:33 PM
Hello,
I just started running a classic truck club website that pertains original 1940s to 1970s 4 wheel drive trucks. I'm trying to find a photo gallery program that I can have four fixed categories, the examples are:
1947 to 1955 4x4 Trucks
1955 to 1959 4x4 Trucks
1960 to 1966 4x4 Trucks
1967 to 1973 4x4 Trucks

Then our members can choose one of these categories to create a photo album of his truck in and have complete control over his own pictures in his album.

Does that make any sense about having fixed categories for our members to choose from? Also I'd like to add it in our new phpBB3 forum if possible, if not then at our website.

Thank you for your time,

I am not the photopost professional dev, but:

You can set your own catetegories and assign user groups to allow uploading, such as:
1947 to 1955 4x4 Trucks
1955 to 1959 4x4 Trucks
1960 to 1966 4x4 Trucks
1967 to 1973 4x4 Trucks

Registered users can keep control of their photos based on the admin settings you choose.

Registered users can also create their own albums, such as Truck, and even add their album to those category listings that you created for public uploads via the edit functions on their albums.

I think that sound like what you are looking for..

Not sure about the integration of Phpbb3 yet. I know Photopost can handle Phpbb2 for sure.

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Users can assign personal albums to categories you create if you allow as stated above and yes we do integrate with the phpbb3 login.

http://www.photopost.com/forum/before-you-buy/114560-what-integrations-we-support.html

PeeWee
January 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
Thank you for the fast replies guys! This sounds like what our truck club can use. Another question I was wondering about is when there are upgrades, is there any cost to have access to these upgrades?

Thanks again,
Pee-Wee.

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2009, 11:14 AM
Much like vbulletin and other software you purchase a license and you own that version forever. You get one year members access and support from the time you purchase your license to gain updates etc. if after that year you decide to renew members access for a modest fee thats up to you or not. So in the future you may need to renew members access for updates.

PeeWee
January 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks again for the fast response. Is there a place to view the installation steps to load PhotoPost in our phpBB3 forum? I'm just wondering how complex it is for a newbie like myself to install?

Thanks again,
Pee-Wee.

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2009, 11:32 AM
PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Photo Gallery Installation Guide (http://www.photopost.com/installphp.html)

This might help

PeeWee
January 22nd, 2009, 11:41 AM
Hey thank you Mr. Chuck I'm going to check it out after lunch today.

Have a great day,
Pee-Wee.

Chuck S
January 22nd, 2009, 11:46 AM
You too buddy enjoy your day and if you need anything else let us know.

PeeWee
January 23rd, 2009, 09:12 AM
Users can assign personal albums to categories you create if you allow as stated above

Hello,
I was re-reading this and I was wondering... say for example I'm a user and I decide to create a photo album.

Do I click on one of four the categories (listed above) and create my album in that category or do I create my album and only my single photos get placed into the category?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out is can an individual's entire photo album be placed in a category or is it only a bunch of single photos from user's albums placed in the category?

Or maybe I have it all wrong and each user is listed in the category of their choice and when you click on their name it takes you to their album? My apologies if this sounds confusing.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck S
January 23rd, 2009, 09:22 AM
Admin can create categories.

Users can only create personal albums and if admin allows they can elect to assign them to display under categories.

PeeWee
January 23rd, 2009, 09:53 AM
if admin allows they can elect to assign them to display under categories.

Does the admin have to assign each album individually as they get posted or is there an option where they automatically display under the choice of category?

Thanks again,
Pee-Wee.

Chuck S
January 23rd, 2009, 09:57 AM
The user when they create an album or later their choice if you allow them to assign albums to categories they will have a category drop down to select where to assign their album its up to the user. You can also if you just want people to upload to your categories and want to sort things by user elect for the category to display as a members category sorted by user. Tons of different options really.

PeeWee
January 23rd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Very cool thank you for you help. I have to get with my fellow truck club members and see if they want to dish out the cash for this nice photo gallery program. Do you guys ever run any specials? If not no need to reply.

Have a great weekend Mr. Chuck, I will... tomorrow is my birthday B=0

Thanks again for the info,
Pee-Wee :D

Chuck S
January 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM
Happy Birthday then. Our products are on sale.

PhotoPost PHP Pro License (http://techimo.stores.yahoo.net/photlic.html)