PDA

View Full Version : Annoying

Zenith
January 19th, 2009, 12:02 AM
OK, so I'll post here since every other forum is locked to me because supposedly my "support contract has expired", which is actually incorrect as purchase was made on 29 October 2008.

So, since I can't see code tags within a post (specifically here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/vbgallery-installation-upgrades/138905-update-vbulletin-3-8-0-a.html)) due to the above error on photopost's behalf, can some please post in plain text the solution to the compatability issue between vbgallery and vB 3.8.0 whereby attempting to post a comment results in text being replace with '0' and the post too short error being invoked.

TIA.

Chuck S
January 19th, 2009, 09:51 AM
I show your a verified customer you should be able to view content in any forum.

Zenith
January 19th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I worked out that I had to change my email address in my vb profile to the same as the license. The change didn't immediately enable my access though so presumably you've got a cron job running periodically to pick this up.

That requirement is not obvious and it was only by reading another thread that I picked up on it. Perhaps note in the red "support contract has expired" message that this may be the problem and direct the user to check. Would have saved me some frustration.

Regards

Chuck S
January 19th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Hello

At the top of most all our forums is this post which explains the verification process. If you have a suggestion on how it can be more obvious I would gladly welcome that.

PhotoPost Community - Announcements in Forum : Photopost Pro How Do I...? (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-how-do-i/announcements.html)

We are kinda limited since we are using vbulletin in using their announcement feature.

Zenith
January 19th, 2009, 05:16 PM
A link to that announcement from within that red "support contract has expired" would be beneficial. The red message is a bit of a red herring and doesn't lead you to check "verification".

Thanks

Chuck S
January 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
what red mesage you mean the one that is in your members area where you download?

Zenith
January 19th, 2009, 08:55 PM
No, the "support contract has expired" message that appears below the navbar within the forums.

Chuck S
January 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Okay well thats a new thing then. On our forums though as noted I think the announcement we post is as noticable as it can be in the forum.

CallieJo
February 3rd, 2009, 01:44 AM
This post helped me. Was lost but now I see I need to post once and wait for the cron jobby thingie. Thanks.

The only thing that is annoying is the fact that when you change your email addy in vb, you MUST verify yourself again through email.

Hopefully after posting here I'll be able to view all forum stuff again. As right now I can't see code fixes...ugh!

Chuck S
February 3rd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Yes well email verification through the forum is a vb thing in there code nothing we can do about that ;)

I show your a verified customer.