PDA

View Full Version : ReviewPost Questions

January 11th, 2009, 12:59 PM
I have a few questions about your product before I purchase it.

1. I see that there is an average price field but my review site does not need this - is there any way to remove that feature via admin panel or would I need to remove it from the files themselves?

2. I'm looking to make a local neighborhood restaurant site so there are certain terms like "PRODUCT" in multiple parts of the site - is there a way to chance this via admin panel or would this need to be done in the files?

3. When submitting a new product is there any way to add automatic fields that the submitter needs to populate? I want to provide information like Price Range, Website, Etc.

Upon reading some more posts on your site I found this thread: HERE (http://www.photopost.com/forum/reviewpost-how-do-i/138094-multiple-ratings-per-product-item.html)

It's a thread asking if there is a way to add multiple reviews per product (like for a restaurant SERVICE, FOOD, ETC) to which you responded:

The customer service template has 3 separate ratings. You can also define unlimited additional review fields in the product.

What is this template? Is it included with the install? How customizable is it?

Sorry for all of the questions but your product seems like it's ALMOST what I am looking for - just want to make sure first.

Thanks

Chuck S
January 11th, 2009, 01:27 PM
You never find a program with everything the way you need it thats just the way things are hopefully you find something close ;)

You would need to edit specific templates to not show average price.

You can edit the language strings via the admin panel if you want to change the phrases.

You can add unlimited review fields for a user to answer. That thread refers to rating fields on a review where we state the customer service template has 3 fields. This template and you can edit things as you wish.

January 11th, 2009, 01:37 PM
You can add unlimited review fields for a user to answer. That thread refers to rating fields on a review where we state the customer service template has 3 fields. This template and you can edit things as you wish.

Thanks for the quick response!

How will these additional review fields be displayed? I looked at a bunch of the sites that use this software and haven't found an example of any site that uses this... is there a screen shot somewhere that would demonstrate this?

Chuck S
January 11th, 2009, 01:49 PM
The fields are shown on each review below the products.