PDA

View Full Version : Social Widget for your photos!

skidpics
January 7th, 2009, 01:09 AM
This little script/Widget is awesome! I have it working to get any image on the site tagged to your myspace, facebook, etc.. profile pages!

Check it out here: Skidpics - Fast, free image hosting - DSCF6784 (http://skidpics.com/showphoto.php/photo/16896)

and look at the widget below the pic!

Now for the integration part. Most sites accept the html coding, so that is what I am using.. since those social sites dominate the market.

in showphoto.tmpl.
First line, BEFORE the <?php

<script src="http://cdn.gigya.com/wildfire/js/wfapiv2.js"></script>

then, roughly around line 94, which will show below the image,add this below the </table>:

<center>
<!-- Start Gigya widget code -->
<div id="divWildfirePost"></div>
<script>
var pconf={
defaultContent: '$showhtmlcode&lt;a href=&quot;http://skidpics.com&quot;&gt;Share your images at skidpics.com&lt;/a&gt;',
UIConfig: '<config><display showDesktop="false" showEmail="true" useTransitions="true" showBookmark="true"></display><body corner-roundness="8;8;8;8"><background frame-color="#dcdcdc" background-color="#f8f8f8" gradient-color-begin="#ADC8FF" gradient-color-end="" corner-roundness="8;8;8;8"></background><controls><snbuttons type="textUnder" frame-color="#cacaca" background-color="#FFFFFF" over-frame-color="#bababa" over-background-color="#FFFFFF" color="#376DDA" corner-roundness="0;10;0;10" size="11" bold="false" over-color="#0D1B6D"></snbuttons><textboxes><codeboxes color="#6A6A6A" frame-color="#1B366D" background-color="#F4F4F4"></codeboxes></textboxes><buttons gradient-color-begin="#0099FF" gradient-color-end="#223276" color="#FFFFFF" corner-roundness="0;8;0;8" size="11" bold="true" over-gradient-color-begin="#0099FF" over-gradient-color-end="#0099FF"></buttons><servicemarker gradient-color-begin="#F4F4F4" gradient-color-end="#F4F4F4"></servicemarker></controls><texts color="#FFFFFF" bold="true"><privacy color="#AAAAAA"></privacy><labels color="#1B366D"></labels><messages color="#F4F4F4" background-color="#1B366D" bold="true"></messages><links color="#376DDA" underline="false" over-color="#1B366D"></links></texts></body></config>'
};
Wildfire.initPost('466242', 'divWildfirePost', 500, 200, pconf);
</script>
<!-- End: Gigya widget code -->
</center>

Note: defaultContent: '$showhtmlcode', is set to $showhtmlcode to include the base html code to show image in most social sites. you can change this to anything you want.

Chuck, Michael, if you like this, look into this for the new UI.

skidpics
January 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
The more I play with this, the more I like it. Anyone have a myspace or Facebook account in particular? Try it out from the site. It is so neat on how it works!

kreative
March 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM
So, I installed this on my Photopost and it looks like it would work but when I click on it to post to my facebook page and it says it was successful, the image is nowhere to be found. Any ideas?

kreative
March 1st, 2010, 03:57 PM
Never mind, I am using the one you have on your site now instead. Thanks!

skidpics
March 12th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Using the one on my site now? Which site? Skidpics.com is no longer using PP - I just use it for personal storage now..

KenDude
March 12th, 2010, 12:56 PM
Ok I'd like to revisit this, I tried the one you have on skidpics now and while it does show a link in my Facebook profile it doesn't show a thumbnail of the image. I tried this from my gallery on my own website and I get a nice link, but again no thumbnail. Is there a way to use the photo you are looking at as the thumbnail that will show up on facebook???

skidpics
March 12th, 2010, 02:20 PM
I am kinda confused. What is the full URL you are access skidpics.com from? RIght now, I have a very simple image software running there. It no longer runs PP, thus, I do not have this integration on Skidpics.com at the moment..

I can customize your PP to handle this - contact me for a quote..