PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Usergroup settings ?

cherrycola
December 21st, 2008, 09:29 PM
I'm a total newbie when it comes to allowing users to have photo galleries etc so I'm not sure where I should start with this product.

What would current users recommend for usergroup settings? I dont think it should be unlimited to start because I figure some abuser could swamp the site - can always increase these, tough to bring them down once some idiot has abused you ... right?

Disk Space Limit?
Upload File Size Limit?
Daily Upload Limit?

Also, I figure the assign to cats should be yes - what do you use?

Thanks!

Chuck S
December 21st, 2008, 09:59 PM
You may set these to whatever limits your comfortable with and how active the site is.

For instance one needs to consider there site size. Say you have 5gb of diskspace on your hosting.

You have 500 users and give them each 1mb of diskspace for pics. That would put you at 5gb if everyone uploads to the max. it is all in your idea of what you want versus what you have in hosting

If you want users to create albums you turn that one. if you want them to assign the personal albums to categories you have created set assign to cats to yes,

I recommend these to start.

filesize 250kb
diskspace 1024kb
daily uploads unlimited or whatever you wish.

cherrycola
December 21st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Awesome - thanks for the suggestions!

Chuck S
December 22nd, 2008, 10:23 AM
Have a Happy Holiday!

skidpics
December 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM
I recommend these to start.

filesize 250kb
diskspace 1024kb
daily uploads unlimited or whatever you wish.

Wow - that sure is a tiny amount of space and size

Chuck S
December 23rd, 2008, 10:49 AM
LOL well that all depends on a persons hosting but the numbers above are representative of a 5gb hosting.

DTHUREGRIF
December 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I have PhotoPost vbgallery integrated with vBulletin and I cannot for the life of me find anywhere in the admin panel to set a daily upload limit. Can you point me in the right direction?

Chuck S
December 26th, 2008, 05:06 PM
This is Photopost Pro support section not vbgallery thats why you can not find it. This is not an option in that gallery