PDA

View Full Version : show gallery layout is confusing

skidpics
December 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I am a bit confused on the showgallery layout.

Mine presently shows Most popular, random then the link bar for the category/search and page numbers to move to, then more thumbs that are contained in the category and then some stuff about sorting photos..

Why can the showgallery layout start with search bar, sort bar, categories(albums within) then all the thumbs? Popuilar, random, etc??

What file do I edit to get this task done? Showgallery.php or showgallery.tmpl?

The layout is really confusing..

here is an example category link.
http://skidpics.com/showgallery.php/cat/552

Chuck S
December 18th, 2008, 10:13 PM
If you do not want to run the featured photos on the showgallery script simply turn it off in showphoto options in admin. it is displaying as designed. The templates etc are called in showgallery.php file

skidpics
December 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
much better. Why is the featured configred to show ontop of everything. Regardless, they should still appear below the menus, in order to preserve the page layout and make it easier to navigate.

skidpics
December 19th, 2008, 06:38 PM
I can edit the thumbnails showing across, but changing the 'Default number of thumbnail rows?' has no effect on gallery layout..

it still only shows 6 thumbnails, 2 rows. What would be causing that, the lack of rows not changing?

Chuck S
December 19th, 2008, 08:03 PM
The feature number of photos and rows is set in layout options in admin.

skidpics
December 19th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Right and for the show gallery options, it doesn't matter how many rows I choose, 6 right now, only 4 will show. I have 6 columns and 6 rows selected to show.

I know there are more images because I have 5 pages total.

skidpics
December 20th, 2008, 06:01 AM
hmm - and today it works correctly?..

Chuck S
December 20th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Free Image hosting, free photo sharing at Skidpics - wildlife (http://skidpics.com/showgallery.php/cat/552)

I dont see anything wrong with your site. The featured photos rows and the showgallery rows are two totally different admin settings.