PDA

View Full Version : Sub Category Album display on 'home' page

digifusion
December 12th, 2008, 04:06 PM
I have created a top level category that contains a number of subcategories. When I navigate to the main/home page, I only want the top level category to display, but currently the subcategoreis display on the main/home page as well. How do I prevent this?

Also, how do I assign a specific thumbnail to the top level category? At the moment, it seems to change each time a new image is added to the subcategory sections.

Thanks, Phil

Chuck S
December 12th, 2008, 04:15 PM
Phil to set a static avatar you must tag a photo that exists in a category.

As far as only showing the top level cat in admin index options set the catdepth option to 0 that should do what you want.

digifusion
December 12th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Chuck - thanks for the quick reply. Setting the depth level to zero worked fine.

I have a further question about thumbnails. At the moment, when the thumbnail for the top level category is clicked, it goes straight to the subgategory album that the thumbnail is part of. What I would like instead is to go to the page that shows all the thumbnails for each subcategory. For example, my top level category is called ' Guest Photographers', then below that is Guest1, Guest 2 etc. When the 'Guest Photographers' thumbnail is clicked on the home/main page, I want to display the Guest1, Guest2 etc thumbnails. This does happen when I click the text link on the main page, but when the thumbnail is clicked it goes straight (for example) to the Guest2 gallery. Is it possible to control this?

Phil

Chuck S
December 12th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Thats not really how it is designed to work depending on your display. if your trying to do something outside the normal operation of the program you need to alter code in some fashion

digifusion
December 12th, 2008, 04:57 PM
ok, thanks Chuck. Its not a major problem.

Chuck S
December 12th, 2008, 06:18 PM
have a great weekend.