PDA

View Full Version : Spammed through this forum!

ThePharaoh
December 3rd, 2008, 06:26 PM
Can't contact anyone directly about this and there's no obvious board to post it on, so here you go...

I'm recieving notifications on "Some questions" I got one today and...

REMOVED

Chuck S
December 3rd, 2008, 07:03 PM
Any forum can get spammed sure if a spammer registers an account and is a human. Your simply getting email notification of a reply to a thread you had. now we mark and delete spam posts pretty fast.

ThePharaoh
December 3rd, 2008, 10:25 PM
And it was pretty fast, that's for sure. After I read the message in my in-box, I went to the post, and it was gone.

good job!

cinderelmo
December 4th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'd recommend deleting the links in message #1. By re-posting his message in the clear you are actually assisting him spread his message. :D

Chuck S
December 4th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Actually it was you who assisted him in speading his message by posting it here ;)

ThePharaoh
December 4th, 2008, 08:06 PM
What I assisted with was to show what it looked like so others could see it, recognize it, AND REPORT IT if they had it too.

It's up to the idividual if they want to keep it and click on the links, isn't it?

I do all I can to help.

Thanks, Chuck

Chuck S
December 4th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Yes I just removed the links so no one would throw a hissy fit. I hate spam like the next person. I am the one who removes it here. Bots are easy vbulletin can block them but you can not block actually people who register accounts and post spam