PDA

View Full Version : VBSEO is it worth it and whats its effect on Photopost?

auto_freak
November 24th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to know, since I just sold off both my ipb licenses, I have some cash to purchase the vbseo if its worth it, that is. Their price is 149, i guess you guys are using it here in this forum. What is its effect on Photopost? A significant impact considering Search Engine Optimiziation or no?

I know it really affects vb and its a big boost to your traffic. My site is currently a very well visited website. SEO will certainly boost it. Tell me your story if you have any. I am really considering to purchase it within a day or two.

Thanks.

Michael P
November 24th, 2008, 10:05 PM
I own vBSEO and it has no impact on PhotoPost, which has its own Spider URLs feature (which works on most server setups). I consider vBSEO a good value for the price and would recommend it for anyone trying to get the most from their forum and referral traffic.

auto_freak
November 24th, 2008, 10:25 PM
thank u Michael, good to see your post in one of my threads at last! waiting for chuck's response and then might as well buy it.

AdamNP
November 25th, 2008, 03:52 AM
I think its fair to point out that PP's spider URLs have absolutely nothing to do with SEO. A vbSEO-like feature is badly, badly needed. In fact, the literally hundreds of URLs that point to the same exact page do severe damage to SEO, with many pages being dropped by Google due to duplicate content filtering.

In short, vbSEO is very worth it for vBulletin, but only lots and lots of customization, and then some prayers and luck can help you with PP SEO.

Chuck S
November 25th, 2008, 07:47 AM
vbseo is a good product for vbulletin so agree with Michael.

Neal-UK
November 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
vBSEO is a damn good feature which has helped my sites grow. However, I could do with some rewrite settings for Photopost vBulletin Gallery.

hornstar6969
November 27th, 2008, 02:53 AM
vbseo 3.5 will see the improvement in seo for PP however until then there are some customizations that need to be done for it to be truly effective

Chuck S
November 27th, 2008, 08:23 AM
What do you mean vbseo will have inprovements for PP in 3.5?

AdamNP
November 27th, 2008, 04:46 PM
I assume he's referring to this comment on the vbSEO forums:

We are currently creating a URL rewrite interface (very similar to vBSEO's URL rewrite options) that will allow you to select URL patterns for vBSEO extension products: Downloads II, Photoplog, Photopost Pro, etc.

In essence it will allow you to select (or easily create) patterns for your URL formats like 'downloads/[category_id]/[category_title]/' as opposed to having to deal with CRRs regular expressions.

In addition, we'll be providing the option to move vBSEO's .htaccess rules to the domain root in order to better support modifications that may be installed outside your forum root.

Chuck S
November 27th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Got you sounds good.

ozidoggy
November 30th, 2008, 07:14 AM
Couldn't somebody make a mod that puts your photos and classifeds into a forum post? Then your pp and cp would be indexed within the forum by vBSEO.

Not sure I explained myself properly or not.

Chuck S
November 30th, 2008, 07:41 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/classified-mods/116701-ppcvac-post-copy-ppc-ads-vb3-5-forum.html

I think someone did that for classifieds a few years ago.