PDA

View Full Version : phpbb3 Integration

Larik
November 19th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Helping a buddy with his photopost software.

I have done a google search, and read each article that appears there. And here on the forum. But each time I try, I keep getting the same error.

-> Admin / Cookie Settings -> adjusted cookie information
-------> /
-------> ""
-------> .mydomain.com
-------> phpbb3cookiename

And it still does not work.

Am I missing something?

Chuck S
November 19th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Not sure what your fully getting at since your not saying what settings your setting to what or what your error is but there is in the FAQ forum a thread on cookies and login issues that might help. Your friend the license owner may also seek assistance here

Larik
November 19th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Not sure what your fully getting at since your not saying what settings your setting to what or what your error is but there is in the FAQ forum a thread on cookies and login issues that might help. Your friend the license owner may also seek assistance here

He is currently asleep 5 hour difference :P.

Essentially all I want is phpbb3 to integrate with the site. And from what articles i've found.

But I will check out the FAQ.

--> glanced at the FAQ for the phpbb3 area.

I've already done the steps provided. And still get a error. I can provide snap shots if need be.

The error is -- its not passing through the entire site & sometimes it just doesn't let me log in / or out.

Chuck S
November 20th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Not too sure about your statement "it is not passing through"

The license holder may seek assistance in our support forums or through support email whichever he prefers and he can provide links and logins for us to see what the error is.

Koryo
November 20th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Greetings

I am the website administrator of the site this is about (Perfectly Captured - Main Index (http://www.perfectlycaptured.com)) Larik is our website technical support engineer.

Could you please specify what exactly is meant by "forum integration". We believe that when Photopost is "integrated" correctly, Photopost shares information with the forum so that the login is only required on the Photopost software, and that session carries over to the forum software through cookies. We also believe a button appears to link us to the forum from Photopost.

We have attempted to find specific instructions on how to link a Photopost software to a PHPBB3 forum. We installed Photopost first, and THEN installed PHPBB3.

We attempted to enter the "Forum Cookie Prefix" as PHPBB3's "Cookie Name", and this caused a major error. Nobody could login at all. when we attempted to login as admin we got to the "login successful" screen and were then reset back to the homepage logged out. The only cure was to revert the database back to a backup i had made earlier (luckily!)

please advise as to what to attempt next.

Thanks in anticipation of your response.

Chuck S
November 20th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Photopost integrates with phpbb3 login

Now thanks for the link. For one your gallery is installed as a standalone meaning it is not integrated with anything so your not going to integrate with phpbb3.

If you mean to integrate with phpbb3 you would actually need to install the application to integrate with phpbb3. This is the bulk of your issue and why posting an accurate link to your site is essential because seeing the site I now see why you have an issue.

Koryo
November 20th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Photopost integrates with phpbb3 login

Now thanks for the link. For one your gallery is installed as a standalone meaning it is not integrated with anything so your not going to integrate with phpbb3.

If you mean to integrate with phpbb3 you would actually need to install the application to integrate with phpbb3. This is the bulk of your issue and why posting an accurate link to your site is essential because seeing the site I now see why you have an issue.

There is no intergration package that specifies PHPBB, it ALL specifies VB. Which package should we have installed, and is there a way we can install this and NOT lose all the data that has accumulated onto the site?

Thanks for your swift response to our queries.

Chuck S
November 20th, 2008, 03:12 PM
That would be an incorrect statement that it only does vb. We integrate with like 16 different products.

Not much data has accumulated on this site you have 40 photos.

At any rate the same package you have installed is the same package that installed with phpbb3 login you simply rerun install under user database on the config you place your phpbb3 database info keep photopost database the same and on step 3 you select external integration whereas before you selected internal and on step 4 select phpbb3 from the drop down box and fill in all the information asked.

That should be all there is too it.

Koryo
November 20th, 2008, 03:36 PM
That would be an incorrect statement that it only does vb. We integrate with like 16 different products.

*cough*... let me clarify my statement. On your members page you have (under "Downloads, Installation Help, and Support) 5 options of what to download. 4 of them mention VB. Two of them say VB (ONLY version here), the other two say VB (version here). I had no idea which one to download for PHPBB3 integration, so i went with a version that did not say anything about VB.

Not much data has accumulated on this site you have 40 photos.

That is not the point. We already have members and photos uploaded, we would rather not let down our members by having to lose all this data and information that people have spent time to invest into the site. small or large it shouldn't matter the size, the importance is the service we give.

At any rate the same package you have installed is the same package that installed with phpbb3 login you simply rerun install under user database on the config you place your phpbb3 database info keep photopost database the same and on step 3 you select external integration whereas before you selected internal and on step 4 select phpbb3 from the drop down box and fill in all the information asked.

Can we do this without losing data.?

so just to clarify the instructions above

1) put back the install file and run it
2) rerun install under user database on the config file? ( <- Lost Here!)
3) Place your phpBB3 database info & keep the photopost database info the same
4) on step 3 of the installation process select "external intergration"
5) on step 4 select "phpbb3" from the dropdown box and fill in the other information requested

Chuck S
November 20th, 2008, 04:24 PM
You are using the version that integrates with 15 different forums it is called Photopost Pro.

PhotoPost PHP Photo Sharing Gallery - Product Details (http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#forum)

Our details page lays out the differences and the other downloads clearly state vb only which is vbGallery not Photopost Pro.

I can not tell you whether you will lose data or not. Your photo ownership will be messed up since users will not have the same userid in the forum if they even exist at all.

You need to install Photopost into the same database and table prefix as it currently resides. You can try running this script to realign userid's once your done but this expects those users with those usernames to exist in phpbb3. Obviously that would depend on your site whether or not you lose anything

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-import-scripts/115240-reassign-userids-when-switching-integrations-vbulletin.html

helkoryo
November 22nd, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hi there I work on the admin team for Perfectly Captured - Main Index (http://www.perfectlycaptured.com) we managed to integrate the site and forum last night but none of the users are getting the "upload images" option showing, Only Admin has this function available.I am sure it must be one check box not set correctly but I have checked the user settings.I have checked the "Edit user groups" settings and its showing as allow registered users to upload. I also have it set to allow registered users to add comments but this is not working either.

please can you help as our users cant do anything on the site at the moment?

We also seem to have lost the members listings from the main site.

many thanks Helen

Chuck S
November 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Helen

I would suggest you delete all entries from the usergroups table in photopost then you do a reinstall. You need to install with phpbb3 and import their groups in. I beleive right now your groups are all out of line since it was a standalone install.

helkoryo
November 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Many thanks for your help, we ended up taking the bold step and dropped the database and did a complete re install of Photopost. Most of the site seems to be running fine now and I am absolutely delighted with it, I do still have one very small hiccup.

There appears to be an issue with the crossover between the Photopost software and the PHPBB3 software. If a member is logged into the gallery and clicks the "Forum" link they are registered on the forum as active and logged in users. However when they attempt to post they are asked to re login and are automatically forwarded to the forum front page logged out. It seems to be some kind of loop.

However if a member is NOT logged into the PHotopost gallery and logs directly into the forum they can post.

Please advise what might be the cause

Many thanks Helen

Chuck S
November 24th, 2008, 07:01 PM
You would have to post a url and login here. My suggestion would be to make sure your cookies are set correctly to be site wide. There is a FAQ on cookies in the PhotoPost FAQ forum

Koryo
November 25th, 2008, 08:01 AM
You would have to post a url and login here. My suggestion would be to make sure your cookies are set correctly to be site wide. There is a FAQ on cookies in the PhotoPost FAQ forum

Ack! How did we miss that! xD

Thanks Chuck S

The cookie is now set site wide, and that appears to have solved that little mishap of ours lol

Chuck S
November 25th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Have a good day glad to help.