PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try PP vbGallery 2.43 with vB 3.8 yet?

SilentNoise
November 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
PhotoPost vBGallery 2.43 is the last thing on my list of things to check out before jumping to vb 3.8.

I've been running vBGallery 2.0 for ages now and thought it might be high time for an upgrade in the near future once the new board software goes gold.

So has anyone tried vbGallery 2.43 with vB 3.8 yet?

Chuck S
December 4th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I beleive one of our users luciano has stated he upgraded to 3.8 without any issues.

drslipp
December 6th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I had issues with the combination 3.8 beta2 and the recent vbgallery. I couldn´t identify the cause from my restricted technical knowledge and performed a rollback to 3.74.

I gave this combination a second chance and upgraded again from vb3.74 to vb3.8rc1 yesterday. The same issue with the gallery occurred.

As an admin I seem to be the only user, who can reply to a picture-discussion-thread. All other users are getting the following error-messages:

1. Please complete both the message- and subject-fields.
2. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.

Furthermore, there is just a "0"-character shown up in the text-body-field. And of course the message, which was sent, was much more longer than 1 character with no "0"-character in it.

My forum has several enhancements, which were fully functional in combination with the gallery up to vb3.74pl1. After the upgrade to 3.8beta or now rc1 these same errors are rising up. Maybe it´s an issue solely related to the gallery, maybe a side-effect from other add-ons. I´m clueless.

Chuck S
December 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM
I would suggest you try a clean vbgallery and vbulletin as the users who reported no issues say its a clean install hacks can and will cause issues.

drslipp
December 6th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Ok, I set up a clean install of vb38rc1 and vbgallery2.43 on my local harddisc-server. I installed nothing else.
The same error-messages occur with the same "0"-character in the text-message-area, when I as a registered test-user try to create a reply to a picture.
The behaviour from within an admin-account is somewhat different than on my live-forum. This time my reply on the pic as an admin diminishes completely. No error-messages, but the reply is gone after saving it.

Edit: Interesting difference! I furthermore installed a vb38rc1 and vbgallery2.42 (!) just for experimental purposes (knowing, that this version is for vb3.6).
The gallery242 causes the same error from within an admin-account as the gallery243 only does for regular users: the two messages
1. Please complete both the subject and message fields.
2. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.
are appearing and the "0"-character is showing up in the message-body.

HighFlow.nl
December 10th, 2008, 09:53 AM
I also run vBulletin 3.8 RC1 and latest Photopost gallery.

Have the same problem with "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters."

Also the preview/random image on forum homepage doesn't work :(

I hope you guys can fix this a.s.a.p.!

Chuck S
December 10th, 2008, 11:30 AM
As stated once 3.8 makes its way out of beta we will surely support it

HighFlow.nl
December 10th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Can you guys not make a quick fix for RC1?
I think you would make a lot of people happy if you did.

Chuck S
December 10th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I will pass that question on to Michael but I dont think there is every a quick fix when your talking about supporting a new version. Our site and download area clearly states which versions of vbulletin we support with vbgallery.

HighFlow.nl
December 11th, 2008, 05:35 AM
Yes, I read it now.
I thought RC1 would be stable enough and that it would be compatible.
Anyway, I've installed it now.
I's a bummer PhotoPost doesn't work right now, would really appreciate if Michael can take a look at it.

Chuck S
December 11th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Once we support vb 3.8 there will be an announcement and an area for it in the download area.