PDA

View Full Version : can't upload photos

t46383
November 16th, 2008, 01:20 PM
could not upload...got some sort of photo resize error code 1,
found thread here recommending changing from ImageMagick to GD2.
Did that.
Getting error message on attempt to upload:
Unable to open '/home/(name)/public_html/(name2)/photopost/data/500/thumbs/iStock_000005394573XSmall_puppies.jpg' for writing in /home/(name)/public_html/(name2)/photopost/image-inc.php on line 159

I have no idea what this is telling me.
I've set permissions on data subdirectory and all subdirectories under it to 777

Won't upload.
HTML page output includes bold text:
"Your graphic is too small! Please upload a larger one."

Chuck S
November 16th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Did your server path change? I would assume so based on your writing above but since you did not post the true paths I can only guess,

I would suggest in global options and storage options in admin you have the correct uploads and data directory server paths entered where asked for.

t46383
November 16th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I've gotten uploads resolved -- it will now accept uploads.

This was my problem:
config-inc.php file includes the following:
----------------------------------------------
// Path to MOGRIFY executable
// There should be no spaces in the directory names, use short names if necessary.
// Examples:
// $mogrify_command = "c:\progra~1\imagemagick\mogrify.exe";
// $mogrify_command = "c:\ImageMagick\mogrify.exe";
-------------------------------------------------

My webhost provided the path to ImageMagic and I entered it in the config-inc.php file as:
$mogrify_command = "/usr/local/bin/mogrify.exe";
(the example shown includes the ".exe"
Didn't work.

I changed it to:
$mogrify_command = "/usr/local/bin/mogrify";
(no ".exe" after "mogrify")
and it worked.

If the ".exe" extension should not be included (as was the case for me), it would help the person iinstalling it if the instructions (on install screen and in the config-inc.php file) indicated that.

Next problem:
---------------
However, now when I upload a photo, it shows both photos (thumbnail and displayed photo) as same size as thumbnail.
The description indicates photo size should be larger ("dimensions 424 x 283") but it's displayed only at thumbnail size.

A concern:
-----------
I'm having to set permissions for a whole boatload of files and folders to 777. That concerns me. Won't 777 permit external access to those files so permitted?

Chuck S
November 16th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Do you have in upload options in admin to save medium and large images set to yes?

t46383
November 16th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Damn...no, I didn't.
Changed it and it works.
Thanks.

Chuck S
November 16th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Have a good weekend.