PDA

View Full Version : recalculate photos/ check children not working properly.

skidpics
November 2nd, 2008, 09:10 PM
After integration with SMF from a current PP install, I lost images for some reason.

Although a lot of cats show images, in the photos column on the category listing, there are none showing in the appropriate categories. It states "This category does not contain any images."

When I scan the database to recalculate photos/posts numbers and check children., those images do not reappear, not does it fix the database in order to remove the photo counts in those listings...

How do I get the category to set to zero if those images are not?

skidpics
November 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
I just rescanned some folders that I just uploaded, I I got these results. the files WERE in the galleries/data directory - since I just ftped them and added them via the batch upload in admin...

Checking photo #11702: image /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/698/Ocean-32.jpg not found, removing from database... done.
Checking photo #11703: image /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/698/Ocean-33.jpg not found, removing from database... done.
Checking photo #11704: image /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/698/Ocean-34.jpg not found, removing from database... done.
Checking photo #11705: image /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/698/Ocean-35.jpg not found, removing from database... done.
Checking photo #11706: image /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/698/Ocean-36.jpg not found, removing from database... done.

Plus more!

One thing I will mention is that I have been adding the iamges via batch from the data directory that still contains the images. I am not sure if that is messing up the process or not, since the images are already there..

Chuck S
November 3rd, 2008, 05:12 AM
After integration with SMF from a current PP install, I lost images for some reason.

Although a lot of cats show images, in the photos column on the category listing, there are none showing in the appropriate categories. It states "This category does not contain any images."

When I scan the database to recalculate photos/posts numbers and check children., those images do not reappear, not does it fix the database in order to remove the photo counts in those listings...

How do I get the category to set to zero if those images are not?

1) photos can only be deleted if they are not found which usually means an incorrect path directory path or those data directories do not exist or can not be accessed.

2) Images are not going to reappear after they are deleted.

3. Try turning off the category cache.

skidpics
November 3rd, 2008, 05:35 AM
1) photos can only be deleted if they are not found which usually means an incorrect path directory path or those data directories do not exist or can not be accessed.

2) Images are not going to reappear after they are deleted.

3. Try turning off the category cache.

1. path is correct /galleries/data/
2. cache is not on
3. Images are there.. One example is /galleries/data/627 - contains 77 files, but nothing in the category, even after using any and all functions of the scan database, the category remains empty.

here is the cat: Skidpics - Share YOUR images for free! - cats (http://skidpics.com/showgallery.php/cat/627)

full path: /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/
url path: Index of /galleries/data (http://skidpics.com/galleries/data/)

access to check it out:chuckster:chuckster

skidpics
November 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM
See anything wrong in my settings?

Chuck S
November 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM
Your server path must be the full server path and permissions are 777

/galeries/data is not a full server path.

If other photos are working and uploads work I would suspect a permissions issue.

skidpics
November 5th, 2008, 09:10 PM
full server path is set to /home/vande11/public_html/skidpics/galleries/data/

permission was 755... set it to 777 and will see what it does..

777 to all photos and directories, or just directories?

Chuck S
November 5th, 2008, 09:33 PM
The data and uploads directories are 777 at every level beneath them.

skidpics
November 5th, 2008, 09:35 PM
so all images uploaded are supposed to be 777 also, or are they uploaded at 755?

Chuck S
November 5th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Uploaded images would normally be 666

skidpics
November 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
well, I changed it all to 777, and it still does not pick up the images contained in the directories. I tried all functions in the scan database, but nothing is getting them listed.

skidpics
November 7th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Where can I edit the user created albums to point to the correct user? I checked a bit in the DB, but didn't find it. Some are pointing to the wrong users.

Is there a way ADMIN can control user albums? I can view the albums, but cannot find a way to edit any album that does not belong to the admin.

skidpics
November 7th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Found it. Manage Albums in Admin.

Chuck S
November 8th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Have a good weekend. ;)

skidpics
November 9th, 2008, 05:51 PM
After playing around with the admin settings, I don't actually see a way for PP to scan for files in the data dirs that are not contained within the database..

I tested this by uploading some pics to one of the data dirs and trying to run the functions to see if it would recalculate the files.. and nothing happened.
So the uploaded pics were not added by the scans...

Will such a feature be added at a later time, or is the recalculate photos function not working correctly?

Chuck S
November 9th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Photopost can not scan files that do not exist in our photo database because simply put they do not exist. Recalculate is working fine it calculates and rebuilds things that exist in our program.