PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost 6.2 Discussions

October 29th, 2008, 11:07 PM
is there a thread discussing this release with the differences between it and its predecessors?

thank you!

Chuck S
October 30th, 2008, 06:53 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/1233097-post1.html

There is the announcement and documentation in the software.

October 30th, 2008, 04:09 PM
thanks chuck, i saw that.
i am looking for a discussion between members regarding the new upgrade and how it compares to the previous versions, if people are happy with it, what they like about it, etc.

if it does not exist, can the members please start a discussion here in this thread about version 6.11 vs. 6.2?

thanks!

skidpics
October 30th, 2008, 10:04 PM
that would be good!

October 31st, 2008, 05:18 PM
who has updated to 6.2?

do you love it?

found any bugs?

how does it work under heavy load?

have you noticed any performance increase or has it slowed down your site?

looking for some feedback on this latest release, anyone?

Simons
October 31st, 2008, 05:49 PM
Only just installed this 6.2 today and it has a few nice tweaks although I have found some problems.

The flash uploader although not supported by PP does not work in firefox.
I've also made a suggestion here (http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-suggestions/138336-new-vbulletin-photo-option.html) relating to the VB Style photo option in showphoto

I like the idea of the subscriptions but not had a chance to look yet.

It's good to see some new features but there are still many that are not in this update.

Considering the current discounted price of $79 I think it's a feature packed software that gives you a hell of a lot for your money, Although I'd happily pay more than the normal price if more features could be added.

I understand that some maybe on tight budgets and my statement may upset people who do not wish to pay more, but I'd pay a few hundred dollars if the most common features were added, such as more control over users and categories.

Maybe a Photopost Pro - PRO version could be sold for a higher price

Michael P
October 31st, 2008, 08:30 PM
Actually, all my testing of the flash uploader was in FF. What doesn't work, according to the swfuploader site is Flash 10 (yet).

Simons
October 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
I'm running FF 3.03 and you click on select files and it does nothing at all
Whereas in IE7 It works perfectly

Michael P
October 31st, 2008, 10:40 PM
Strange, I have the same setup and it works fine.

Chuck S
October 31st, 2008, 10:42 PM
I use firefox 3.03 works fine as well. I would suggest you make sure you have flash plugin installed for mozilla.

Simons
October 31st, 2008, 11:06 PM
I have flash 10.0 r12 installed.

I'll leave the flash switched off - and it's great that it can easily be switched off in situations such as this.

Chuck S
November 1st, 2008, 04:58 PM
I wonder if they have any firefox discussion on their support site over their that might help

Simons
November 1st, 2008, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure if they do, but I think it's safer just to switch it off as a large percentage of browsers used now are FF, 38% of my members use it, so it makes no sense at all to switch on the flash uploader until it is multi browser compatible.

Not being a coder it would be a major headache trying to work out what needs doing to ensure it works with FF.

But thanks for your time on this Chuck

Chuck S
November 1st, 2008, 05:13 PM
No problems once they sort out support for that we will include it.