PDA

View Full Version : Can't upload using Firefox now?

nettasaura
October 20th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Sometime in the last week, me and a few other customers are no longer able to upload to my gallery using our firefox browsers. On the first upload page when we click on the "select files" button, nothing happens...it no longer calls up a computer menu. My PhotoPost is integrated with my SMF forum, but I have never had a problem with uploading until a few days ago.

My Photo Gallery - Main Index (http://creativevictorian.com/gallery)

I can upload just fine using Internet Explorer, but this does not help my customers who only have the Firefox browser. Any suggestions?

PhotoPost version - 6.2
SMF forum version - 1.1.6

Thanks,
Netta

Chuck S
October 21st, 2008, 05:24 AM
If you upgraded to 6.2 and turned on the flash upload does turning off the flash uploader in upload options in admin allow you to upload again?

You can also if you installed 6.2 earlier than the final release date try updating all your files and templates and see if this assists you.

I would suspect you and those few users do not have flash setup to work with Mozilla Firefox.

If turning off the flash upload works then you might want to work on installing the flash plugin for mozilla.

StuartDH
October 31st, 2008, 11:32 AM
Getting the same issue when using Firefox 3.0.3, but all Ok with IE 7

Nothing happens when I click on 'Select Files' on my site or Photopost's gallery

http://www.photopost.com/photopost/uploadphoto.php

Could you move this thread to bugs/issues

StuartDH
October 31st, 2008, 12:42 PM
It looks as though this could be due to the uploader not being able to work with Flash 10? Although, no idea why it works with IE and not firefox

Chuck S
October 31st, 2008, 09:43 PM
Well I use Firefox 3.03 and it works fine and so does Michael. Do you have firefox addon supporting flash installed?

Since we do not support 3rd party code this is exactly why we have a switch to enable or disable that flash uploader.

ohnoron
June 10th, 2010, 03:49 PM
I had this problem but have uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox & it is now uploading fine.

Chuck S
June 10th, 2010, 03:53 PM
no problem