PDA

View Full Version : Little reminder for the Photopost team....

Arjan
October 18th, 2008, 03:34 PM
I see I can still log in into your site. Even though I asked for several months and several times to delete ALL my data you have. According to the privacy laws that protect my rights as a person you MUST fullfill such requests.

Why is it, that you are pretty fast in claiming that one is illegally using your software when one forgets to renew the license, and why is it almost taking a year to remove data as requested?
As you should understand you are the one who is not obeying laws?

I'll check back soon, and then I hope my data is removed. Or I see no other way then to keep my promise I made in my last mail.
Oh... and ehm... BAN <> DELETE.
Just in case you get tempted to hit the ban button.

As you know by no I am very disappointed by your first treatment when I wasn't able to renew my license in time.
But keeping sending "newsletters" and other updates, after I let you know I don't want to deal with you any longer and not obeying privacy laws really saddens me.

MrDaniel
October 18th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Why don't you just change all your data on your account if you get no response... Change the email, and names etc and who will know?

Chuck S
October 18th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I dont know what you mean by data. Anything you post on this support site is posted at your own risk and we are under no obligation or legal risk to keep our support forums as they are without deleting any content.

Arjan
October 22nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
Why don't you just change all your data on your account if you get no response... Change the email, and names etc and who will know?

Are you silly or what?
Just go ahead and try to change your name and address. All you are alowed to change is domain and e-mail. Like in any normal vBulletin forum. The rest you (I) cannot access. But I see it is there in the Members area.

And something else: What's a company worth that is very worried about their own rights but completely and willingly neglects customer rights?

Chuck S
October 22nd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Please do not insult our customers Arjan as that is a violation of our support forum policies. He was just trying to make a suggestion to you.

First off you can ask to be removed from the mailing list by asking through the contact us link in the header. As far as your members area thats always going to work for you although you may not see a download link because once you own a license you always own a license. That is just like most companies. I own 2 UBB licenses I no longer use but my logins still work there I never use them. I can opt out of mailings and I did that.