PDA

View Full Version : vBGallery dead for now ?

mlucek
September 11th, 2008, 09:30 AM
So is vbGallery gasping it's last breath ?? With Zach MIA/family stuff, what's the future for this product ?

Chuck S
September 11th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Feel free to email sales on this and ask. The support staff can not answer this but I would not suspect it is dead just in a non developmental period right now

0ptima
September 19th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Is everything ok with Zach?

Chuck S
September 19th, 2008, 10:31 PM
To my knowledge he is fine just busy with life stuff.

Michael P
September 22nd, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'm wrapping up a PhotoPost PRO upgrade; hopefully this week. Once I do that, I will be turning my attention onto vBGallery.

The last update was earlier this year.

0ptima
October 19th, 2008, 03:17 PM
I'm wrapping up a PhotoPost PRO upgrade; hopefully this week. Once I do that, I will be turning my attention onto vBGallery.

The last update was earlier this year.

So you're taking over vbgallery development?

Charles_1
October 26th, 2008, 07:07 AM
So you're taking over vbgallery development?
I am also really curious about this, becouse vBGallery needs some improvements, so I hope, that someone will take care over its development after Zach. I don't want to use standalone PhotoPost Pro version :-(. Great integration with vBulletin was my reason for purchasing licence of PhotoPost. Michael, please... if your are working on vBGallery, just let us know to calm us down :-).

Michael P
October 26th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Yes, I am taking over vBGallery development and will be opening a BETA forum and handling it much like I have PhotoPost PRO - I'll solicit feedback from members and am working for an update by end of year that includes the SWFFlash uploader that PRO now has, some usability improvements and tighter integration with some of the newer vB features.

In fact, Scott and I just met in Las Vegas to map out the product roadmap for vBGallery for 2009 and walked away with a good list of action items.

We're also looking for some developers who might be interested in earning some money working on the product - either in development or support. Part-time is fine, just need to demonstrate a knowledge of the product.

Charles_1
October 27th, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you Michael for your fast respond and great news! I am looking forward to next version.

You mentioned some usability improvements and tighter integration with some of the newer vB features - I suggest especially following:

1. Link to users pictures in memberlist (I did it in our forum, but I do not know how to put there correct condition to show the link only if someone uploaded some picture already and in that case how to show amount of pictures, that user has). Codes from other templates don't work.

2. Option to place rating of picture below picture (right now it is in the right corner above picture, where it is invisible for users without knowledge of vbulletin interface, which is common for many photographers, who do not participate in forum, but only in gallery). And also option to change 1-5 stars to 1-10 stars. There should be always visible radiobuttons, not like vBulletin's rating system in the present (where are options visible only after click).

3. Possibility of placing picture to more categories (not only to one).

4. Option to have special category containing all pictures from all categories in forum (or from specific ones in admincp).

Michael P
October 27th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I would hope that when the BETA forum opens up soon you'd offer up any suggestions you might have. I will certainly take any into consideration.