PDA

View Full Version : Need help moving to new server

stoneaccents
September 5th, 2008, 11:37 PM
I am trying move my forum and gallery to another server and keep all of the posts and member info

I have a site that has a store, a forum and a gallery on a high CPU server with Blue Host. We have grown a lot in the last year and are running into CPU overages and slowdowns. I can’t afford a dedicated server ($200 to 300 a month) so I thought a temporary fix would be to move the forum and gallery to a different high CPU server ($20 a month.) I am wondering what would be the best way to move the gallery so that it would be intact with all of the threads and posts that are in the original?

I have Photo Post 5.62 Powered by vBulletin® Version VB 3.7.3. Any help would be appreciated, we have had a sharp increase in traffic and the site is really dragging during the day so I want to get this done fast. This move also involves moving the forum VB 3.7.3 which controls the gallery but I guess that is a question for another board, Thanks.

Chuck S
September 6th, 2008, 07:25 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-how-do-i/130048-how-move-servers-change-directories.html

This should assist you