PDA

View Full Version : vBadvanced + PhotoPost

PETz
September 2nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
Hello,

si there a module for vBadvanced that will display the last 5 images (or 5 random images) from PhotoPost?

Thanks

Later Edit:
www.totalformat.com/gallery

This website, does he use the PRO version or the free version? In the free version, can I have a calendar like that? Can I have random images in the sidebar?

Chuck S
September 2nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
Free version?? There is no free version so I am not sure what you mean by that.

That site is Photopost Pro

There are various mods posted that allow you to place a image on vbadvanced like this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-mods/125806-vbadvanced-random-image-block.html

PETz
September 2nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
I always tought there was a free version. I checked with my client and he told me he bought it. I will have to use his username.

Anyway. Thanks for your help.

P.S. vBadvanced of vBportal?

wolfart39
September 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hello Chuck,

can you please point me to a module for vBportal so I can display random images from PhotoPost?

P.S. It seemed that I have vBGallery installed and not PhotoPost Pro. I will install the Pro version now.

Chuck S
September 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM
Okay well I beleive there is a block you can use in phpportals support forums

You can use our inc_features.php file and make a phpblock something like this in vbportal with the right paths

include('/var/www/html/gallery/inc_features.php');'
echo "$photopostfeature";

You would also need to remove this in our inc_features.php file to work with vbportal

if ( $ViewPerm[$pcat] == 1 )
{
continue;
}

wolfart39
September 2nd, 2008, 09:29 PM
Can you give me a link or something? It's a bit confusing since I havn't use vBPortal or PhotoPost Pro.

I brought vBPortal because I saw several posts where you said it's so great ... because "automatic something" and I tought it would be easyer to do this than vBadvanced :)

Also, can PhotoPost PRO show lastest 5 (or something) image on Forum Home like vBGallery can?

Chuck S
September 3rd, 2008, 04:57 AM
http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-mods/122207-photopost-featured-block-plugin-vbulletin-3-5-a.html

Photopost can show images on forumhome

I cant give you any links for vbportal you would need to search their site since I dont work over there no sure what they have posted

when I talked vbportal over vbadvanced I meant the sidebar for the portal is automatically shown on the gallery so I assume you see this ;)

wolfart39
September 3rd, 2008, 11:25 PM
Thanks Chuck.

I have uninstalled vBportal. Got back to vBadvanced. I manage to install the Photopost on Forumhome. It looks great. However...

I tried to add $photopostfeature to the navbar thinking that it will show up on ALL the forums but it didn't.

How can I add $photopostfeature to show in every page? Also I would like that Featured Photos to show directly under Navbar on vBadvanced page (above the left-center-right blocks). Is this possible?

Thanks

Chuck S
September 4th, 2008, 05:32 AM
Feel free to post in the mod forums for other users to discuss this that might be using vbadvanced. The photo block we do is for the forumhome and is only displayed on forumhome. It would not be displayed everywhere on the forum.

britneylove24
September 10th, 2008, 05:05 AM
can photopost show each type of images.

Chuck S
September 10th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Photopost can show any image type your servers image processor can handle.

Deviant K1
September 10th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Free version?? There is no free version so I am not sure what you mean by that.

That site is Photopost Pro

There are various mods posted that allow you to place a image on vbadvanced like this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-mods/125806-vbadvanced-random-image-block.html

Hi Chuck,

I recently purchased PhotoPost Pro... I have it installed and its running great so far. My problem is that I'm trying to access the above link in your post but all I recieve is this message:

Deviant K1, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Now, forgive me but WHERE am I supposed to activate? I have already log into my Member account but didn't see anything about activating. Please help :)

Chuck S
September 10th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Please read the announcement at the top of this forum and that will explain how to verify yourself. It explains what to do if you have posting issues.

Deviant K1
September 11th, 2008, 06:10 AM
Please read the announcement at the top of this forum and that will explain how to verify yourself. It explains what to do if you have posting issues.

Thanks!!! :)

Chuck S
September 11th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Have a good one let us know if there is anything else you need