PDA

View Full Version : Review Post: Liability and Legal Concerns

doc1975
August 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
I'm considering adding the product to my site as I believe the members would enjoy it's features. My only concern would be what type of liabilty and/or legal concerns should I be worried about if some one were to post an unsavory review? Just concerned. Any advice regarding these issues or direction as to where I can research it further would be appreciated.

Thanks...

Chuck S
August 18th, 2008, 03:42 PM
I do beleive US federal law prevents you from being liable from content posted on the site. Just make sure you read up on that and in your registration rules make sure you post any content is at the discretion of the user and you assume no liability for it.

doc1975
August 18th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Thanks, if anyone else can elaborate on this subject I would greatly appreciate it. I really want this program, but not if it puts me at risk.

Chuck S
August 18th, 2008, 10:33 PM
You would need to research the exact federal law on this issue. The program does not put you at any issue. Your discussing site content and if you have a forum you have the same discussion here as stated anything I have read on the subject says your not liable.

Chuck S
August 18th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Liability of Posts Within Your Managed Forum & the Law (Something to Consider) - FusionBB Community - Powered by FusionBB (http://www.fusionbb.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/6083/)