PDA

View Full Version : I cant post anywhere else - but I have 2 questions about PhotoPost.

Lash
August 14th, 2008, 01:20 AM
This is the only place on the forum that I'm allowed to post, not sure why, but I have a couple questions...

I am purchasing a forum. The forum is running phpbb version 2.0 with a valid PhotoPost license.

My 2 questions are:

1) What is the process of transferring the PhotoPost license from the owner's account to mine? Does the license need to be renewed before a transfer can take place?

2) I plan on converting the forum to the newest version of vBulletin. Will a PhotoPost database made in phpbb version 2 work with vBulletin 3.7 and do I need to do any conversions on the database side? I'm assumming it's just file differences on the server. Any insight here?

This will be my first time using PhotoPost so I look forward to seeing what it's all about.

Thanks.

Chuck S
August 14th, 2008, 05:05 AM
1. You would meed to purchase your own license since licenses are non transferable

http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html

2. There are several steps one needs to do since switching a forum integration actually changes alot so photopost needs to be reinstalled realigned etc.

Only licensed customers can see alot of the support forum content therefore this is why you can only post in non support areas.