PDA

View Full Version : problem posting a reply at Message Board

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I got a similar problem with all my Message Boards on all seven sites. It is possible to post a new message but when it comes to posting a reply, you can only type text into the Subject Box but you cannot type in text to the Message Box. Please help and TIA.

Chuck S
August 9th, 2008, 12:38 PM
My Photo Gallery - Message Board (http://74.54.18.146/~techimo/gallery/board.php?msg=1)

Not sure what your doing wrong by your post but if your talking about our little message board thing in the standalone there does not appear to be an issue doing a reply. When you view the message you get the post a reply box and type your reply.

Thats our little demo site there

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Hi,

Can you please try to post a reply at any one of the Message Boards at the sites shown in my signature? When you try to post a reply, you will not be able to type anything to the message box. It does not happen if you post a new message. Only when you try to post a reply.

Chuck S
August 9th, 2008, 06:13 PM
please post a test login thanks ;)

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Here is a test user login.

User name: L Peh
PW:1234

Chuck S
August 9th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Have you altered your templates?

Like your message thing in your thread template uses textareahtml and its suppose to be textarea

I would suggest you redownload the build and upload all clean files

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 06:50 PM
I have not altered any templates because I wont know how to do it. How do I "redownload the build and upload all clean files"?

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 06:52 PM
This problem exists in ALL my sites. If I altered any template, it is unlikely I altered them for all my 7 sites.

Chuck S
August 9th, 2008, 06:55 PM
<td class="{$Style['tddetails']}">
<textarea name="message" cols="80" rows="9" tabindex="2"></textarea>
</td>

There is the proper html in the thread template from our build

Now see your thread template the html for the message box

http://ipohtalk.com/photos/templates/thread.tmpl

I suggest you go to the members area download the photopost zip and unzip the build and upload that clean thread template to all your sites.

kayes
August 9th, 2008, 07:03 PM
okay I remember something now. That thread.tmpl was sent to me by you to rectify a problem I had in posting links to the Message Board. I complained that the links posted to the Message Board were in white text and with the white background it was impossible to read. You then sent me the new thread.tmpl and I uploaded that to all my sites. I suppose that solved that problem but created this one?

Chuck S
August 10th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Not that I am aware of since the file I linked does not use textareahtml it has textarea. Maybe possibly you edited that file with some editor that changed the html that may be.

kayes
August 10th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I used Edit Templates and deleted "html" and the message box is active again. The links also show. Hope this has fixed it. Or do you think I should ftp a new "thread tmpl" to completely replace the present one.

Regarding the "thread tmpl" you sent me, I did not edit it at all. What I did was to ftp it to the server to replace the old one.

Chuck S
August 10th, 2008, 11:32 AM
No thats all you need to do