PDA

View Full Version : Integration

kayes
August 6th, 2008, 01:17 AM
On one of my websites, I have installed vBulletin 3.6.7 and also PhotoPost Pro. Under "Forum Settings" of PP, I have set the proper url to link the vBulletin forum. I don't see any changes in either forum. What else must I do to "integrate" them? Sorry for silly question.

tsakalos76
August 6th, 2008, 05:29 AM
the change is that users register in your forum can access the gallery with the same login pass and that the gallery will use vb layout

kayes
August 6th, 2008, 05:47 AM
the change is that users register in your forum can access the gallery with the same login pass and that the gallery will use vb layout

Hi and thanks for help. My vBulletin Forum has been running for sometime already and I have about 300 users who registered prior to the integration. Do they have to re-register or they can log in with the same user name and password?

And what is the next step for me to take after this? I have merely set the url at the Forum Settings of PP. What should I do next? Can you please advise me on a step by step basis? TIA.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2008, 07:48 AM
You would need to install Photopost and integrate with vbulletin 3. The steps are all outlined on the normal Photopost install script. You fill out the database steps and answer all the questions correctly and once your done your gallery should integrate with your vb3 users and carry the style of the forum. What specifically is it you have issues with on install?

kayes
August 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
My vBulletin was installed last year. Then I bought Photopost last month and installed it as a standalone. Now I have decided to integrate it with vBulletin. Can I still do so?

Chuck S
August 6th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Not without doing something like this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-how-do-i/136288-switching-phpbb-vbulletin.html

kayes
August 6th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Not without doing something like this

http://www.photopost.com/forum/photopost-pro-how-do-i/136288-switching-phpbb-vbulletin.html

Thank you for answering. I don't think I know how to do it and so I will let things be.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Okay well glad to help if only to let you know what needs to be done.