PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Message Board

kayes
July 29th, 2008, 01:20 AM
Is there any way that only the Admin can use the PhotoPost Message Board which can be enabled under Forum Settings? I find that this Message Board can be very useful for Admin to make announcements etc but I would not want users to be able to post messages there.

kayes
July 29th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Or how can I rename the "Message Board" as "Announcements"?

skidpics
July 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Or how can I rename the "Message Board" as "Announcements"?

Change that part in your language file.

The second part, I do not think so without some code modifications. You want people to view, but not post - so basically, unregistered access to the boards, since there is no way an unregistered user can post to them (or at least, I haven't figured out)

You could use the news box under admin to make announcements.

I have mine set up to dissappear when logged in..

Chuck S
July 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
Not without modifying code it is a message board and registered users can post. In the future as that little modification grows there would be more permissions.

Michael P
August 4th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Right now, there is no usergroup permissions for the forums; if you are registered you can post. This will probably change as the system grows, but its just for simple message posting now.

kayes
August 6th, 2008, 12:12 AM
Right now, there is no usergroup permissions for the forums; if you are registered you can post. This will probably change as the system grows, but its just for simple message posting now.

I hope there will be a more sophisticated Message Board soon. It will be really useful for people who use PhotoPost as a standalone.

Chuck S
August 6th, 2008, 07:46 AM
The current one is a first release and as Michael states there will be more permissions features applied in the future.