View Full Version : How do I upgrade?
July 15th, 2008, 09:55 AM
How do I upgrade? I have version 3.33 and want to upgrade to 4.02. Do I follow the installation instructions, or is there some separate instructions for upgrading?
July 15th, 2008, 11:22 AM
You can follow the upgrade instructions under the documentations folder.
IMPORTANT - DO NOT SKIP
. Backup your database before doing this upgrade.
. Ensure you upload all the directories which have files that need to be uploaded to the main PhotoPost directory.
0) Download and unzip the latest build from the Members Area.
1) Check for new config-inc.php variables, some recent additions are:
Note the config-int.php file has been renamed to config-intr.php to ensure compatibility with vb3 for users
whom own multiple products of ours to avoid conflicts with variables
$vblicense is for VB3 users and is required to encrypt your passwords if you are not using vB3Enhanced
mode. Without it you will not be able to login to VB3.
2) Upload all files - except config-inc.php and config-int.php, unless you modified it from the ZIP file - to
your server. You do not need install.php for an upgrade.
3) Run upgrade.php and depending on your version, run any necessary upgrades.
4) When done with upgrades, remove the upgrade.php file.
6) You are done!
Please read the CHANGELOG.TXT FILE so you know what to expect from version upgrades.
July 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM
July 21st, 2008, 11:25 AM
Not a problem enjoy your day.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.