PDA

View Full Version : email authentication on registration

kayes
July 14th, 2008, 08:35 AM
I have received a few feedbacks from my users. They all say that email authentication is not working on all my sites with PhotoPost. What they mean is that they need not go and get that email with the authentication link to click on before they can login. Once they registered they could login to PhotoPost straightaway. Please help.

Chuck S
July 14th, 2008, 09:37 AM
They may be able to login sure however they are not going to have any permissions unless you set unverified users permissions to upload etc.

kayes
July 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Where do I "set unverified users permissions to upload etc"? TIA.

Chuck S
July 14th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Admin => Edit Usergroups is where you set permissions.

kayes
July 14th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I saw that but there is no Usergroup Name for "unverified users". Do I create a new Usergroup?

Chuck S
July 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
How about Unregistered. ;)

If a user does not confirm their registration they are unregistered although they can login when they confirm they are moved to registered usergroup 4 not 3 like they where before

This is on a standalone obviously.

kayes
July 14th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Okay and thanks. I now understand how your software's registration system works.

Chuck S
July 14th, 2008, 11:31 AM
Yes they are essentially unregistered if they dont confirm their account and as such they are given those permissions.

ripefruit
May 23rd, 2009, 11:17 PM
Are we able to configure it, once a person has registered and confirmed their email address, that their Usergroup is changed to "registered"?

Chuck S
May 24th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Yes this is how it works just like most forums they email contains the verification link

ripefruit
May 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Thanks Chuck.
Oddly the first 2 test emails that were confirmed did not activate the membership and then from the 3rd they did. Go figure?

Chuck S
May 25th, 2009, 05:02 PM
wel I assume your not talking our email registration unless your tests involved multiple registrations as there is no way to resend a new registration emails.