PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

jbleep
July 1st, 2008, 11:14 PM
I am starting out with a site that has only Photopost Pro, nothing else. By default it does not have any way for people registering to upload photos, etc. What am I missing? Where is the documentation for starting out and setting the parameters to open things up?

Chuck S
July 2nd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Hello

If you have Photopost Pro and it is installed as a standalone there should be a registration link on the menubar provided the user has enabled registration open in registration options in admin. You must sign in as admin and make sure this options is set to yes to see that link.

You have a url for us to look at?

jbleep
July 2nd, 2008, 08:19 PM
I don't want to give my url at this point because it is open. I will do it privately. Basically, I just reinitialized my site (drop in mysql and start over) and when I log in as my admin login, I just get a regular screen. There is nothing to indicate something to go to an administrative page. Where is it?

jbleep
July 2nd, 2008, 08:23 PM
PS I would be happy to have you connect remotely to my site and show me what is going on. I have remote control through my business. Not knowing anything, I would say looking at the databases that it did not save me as an admin, just a user.

Chuck S
July 3rd, 2008, 12:19 AM
I have responded to your support email so please lets discuss this there in one place. ;)

jbleep
July 9th, 2008, 06:45 PM
For all -

I finally punted, got off my home Vista box, and signed up with 1 and 1. Basically I think it was compatibility issues with Vista. It worked smooth and easy on the 1 and 1 Linux box. Just had to get rid of jpegtran as suggested in another post.

JB

Chuck S
July 9th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Glad your got your issues sorted have a good evening.