PDA

View Full Version : creating albums

kayes
July 1st, 2008, 11:36 PM
I have disabled the function which allows members to create their own albums. I intend to create the members' albums for them. Where do I go to? To "Edit Categories"? There is no mention of albums there and I see that enables you to create only categories. Thanks in advance.

Chuck S
July 2nd, 2008, 09:38 AM
You can not create users albums. This is a function they do themselves. You as admin can create categories. You can even create your own albums by hitting MY ALBUMS on the menubar if you have personal albums enabled.

kayes
July 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
You can not create users albums. This is a function they do themselves. You as admin can create categories. You can even create your own albums by hitting MY ALBUMS on the menubar if you have personal albums enabled.

I got round the problem by creating "albums" for my members using "Edit Categories". I now have 40 members. Can I keep on adding "categories" up to say 400 members?

Chuck S
July 2nd, 2008, 10:06 AM
You can although those are categories any usergroups you allow can upload to so other users would be able to upload to them so they are not really personal albums.

kayes
July 2nd, 2008, 10:43 AM
You can although those are categories any usergroups you allow can upload to so other users would be able to upload to them so they are not really personal albums.

Yes, I have realised that. I have to tidy up if a member puts his pic into the wrong "album".

If members are allowed to create their own albums, will the albums be automatically named after their "registered names" or they can name it anything they like? What about sub-albums, if there is such a feature?

Chuck S
July 2nd, 2008, 11:02 AM
If you allow members to create personal albums they will be named whatever they name them

Now if you simply want members to upload to their own category why not just have the only category on your site MEMBERS GALLERIES which can not be deleted that way members upload their photos are classifieds by their name which is a default working of that category.

Members can have subalbums if they choose and they can even assign an album to a category if you allow it.

kayes
July 2nd, 2008, 11:20 AM
If you allow members to create personal albums they will be named whatever they name them

Now if you simply want members to upload to their own category why not just have the only category on your site MEMBERS GALLERIES which can not be deleted that way members upload their photos are classifieds by their name which is a default working of that category.

Members can have subalbums if they choose and they can even assign an album to a category if you allow it.

If members are allowed to name their own albums, I am afraid some may give it inappropriate names or names not consistent with the mission statement. Maybe Admin should be given powers to rename albums.

Okay, I understand the rest of your reply. Thanks.

Chuck S
July 2nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
You can rename any album you wish under manage albums in admin once users create albums.