PDA

View Full Version : Failed login attempts

Brian P
June 29th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Before a recent integration of photopost and VBulletin I was able to change the number of times a user failed in login attempts.
On that page I was also able to register a new member who had not completed the registration - that page seems to have vanished - any help would be greatly appreciated.
Brian P.

Chuck S
June 29th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I beleive if your talking about any vbulletin login page you would go into your vb admin options and change the number of stikeouts.

At any rate the options you refer to point to the vb login screen not photopost since we dont use any strikeout system

Brian P
June 29th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Cracked it again Chuck - Many thanks.

Can you help with the area where I was able to change a new registration form Unregistered to Registered, that was really useful.

Brian P.

Chuck S
June 29th, 2008, 11:49 AM
In vb once you integrate with the forum all user registrations are done on the forum so you need to go to vb admin and use their forum user tools under their admin.

Brian P
June 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Then it's gone, pity, the Photopost option to complete registrations is a very useful one.
Many thanks again Chuck.
Brian P.

AdamNP
June 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Are you talking about something like manually activating someone who was sent an activation email and didn't get it? If so, you can change an user's status within VB, on the users tab. Search by username, then change their Primary Usergroup from "Users Awaiting Emal Confirmation" to "Registered User", or whatever other group you want them in.

VBs user system is incredibly powerful, but it takes a lot of time to learn the ins and outs.

Chuck S
June 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
Worlock Brian is new to vb. He recently switched from a standalone photopost to integrating it with vb so he is getting familiar with vb's options. ;)

AdamNP
June 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I thought so, that's why I tried to explain just how to do what I think he wants.

Heck, I've been using VB since early in the version 2's, and I still find new features in the admin area once in a while :)

Brian P
June 30th, 2008, 03:51 AM
Chuck and Worlock - Many thanks for this, made my day finding this facility, it's really useful.

Worlock - I am very new to all of this as Chuck says, he is the very soul of patience and has put up with a heck of a lot from me because of my lack of knowlege but I'm really having fun finding out about VBulletin and Photopost.

Sorry Chuck but more questions to come :-(

Brian P.

Chuck S
June 30th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Have a nice day Brian we will respond to any other questions as usual that you have.