PDA

View Full Version : upgrade fee?

K4L
June 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Hello. I own a photopost license which I bought in 2006. It seems to be v5.5.
I use the script integrated in vBulletin forum. The footer just says Photopost vB3 or something like that. It doesn't say its pro or vB Gallery.

How much does it cost to upgrade? Is it simple to upgrade?

I'm also confused with vB Gallery's current versions v2+ ? Whatis the latest version? In my photopost admin panel it says photopost pro 6 is available.. and says nothing about upgrading or vBgallery.. I read that photopost pro is a standalone product and vBGallery is a script that can be integrated with vBulletin?

I'm simply confused. :D
Some one please update me here. I'm from year 2006.

ski-whiz
June 25th, 2008, 10:16 PM
First off, the upgrade/renewal fee is $40.

Since you purchased Photopost, has acquired vbgallery, and currently maintains both products.

While all their products integrate nicely, vbgallery is a little more integrated into vbgallery. It's not a huge bonus, other than the settings are integrated in the vbulletin admincp.

I believe vbgallery is up to version 2.4.3, and photopost is around 6.2.

Photopost can be a stand alone version. However it can be integrated into vbulletin.

With Vbgallery, you MUST have vbulletin. This product is not a stand alone system.

For upgrading your photopost license, go to the member's area (link at the top of the page), and get the license number of the product you wish to upgrade. Save this for later. Now you will see a link to renew the license.

You walk through the steps, and during the process there should be a comment block. This is where you tell them your license in which you are upgrading.

Once you complete the transaction, within 24 hours you should get an email saying it's comeplete. Then you can download the latest version, and upgrade. :D

Hopefully this helps you out. I can say there is not huge benefit to purchasing vbgallery, if you already have photopost. Just upgrade what you already have.

K4L
June 25th, 2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for your write-up ski-whiz! THat helped a lot.

Well I have no problem with the gallery we have now but we want to display a couple of thumbnails from the gallery in our vBadvanced CMPS.

I found a couple of mods for that but i'm not certain they will work with vB3.7 and photopost 5.5.
http://www.photopost.com/forum/vb-3-6x-code/132046-cmps-3-x-vbgallery-module.html
http://www.photopost.com/forum/vb-3-6x-code/135863-vbulletin-3-7-module-2-8-cmps3-vbgallery-2-4-a.html

Do you happen to know if any of above will work? Or do you know any other module that can do what I want? I have vB3.7 and photopost 5.5.

Thanks!

Jeetu
June 26th, 2008, 10:06 AM
How much do you cost for setting it up?

Chuck S
June 26th, 2008, 10:27 AM
To purchase Photopost Pro you pay $129.00

You can then install it on your server yourself following the installation instructions and it would cost you nothing more or you can purchase an installation service for $59.00 more and we will install the gallery and ensure it is operational for you.

K4L
June 26th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Hi Chuck. Is it simple to upgrade from photopost 5.5 to the latest vBGallery? Is there an instruction to upgrade? cheers.

Chuck S
June 26th, 2008, 05:56 PM
You can not upgrade to vbGallery thats a totally separate product. You can however very simply upgrade to Photopost Pro 6.1

K4L
June 26th, 2008, 06:11 PM
ouch.

I'm still confused. I purchased photopost 5.5 back in 2006 then integrated the photopsot within vBulletin. So the version I have is not compatible with vBgallery and cannot upgrade to that?

Thanks.

Chuck S
June 26th, 2008, 07:10 PM
vbGallery is not the same product as Photopost Pro. You are running Photopost Pro 5.5 and would upgrade to Photopost Pro 6.1

K4L
June 26th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Hi chuck. is there a demo running for admin? I would like to look at its interface.

cheers.

Chuck S
June 26th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Please email support at photopost dot com for an admin demo link and sign in

Merjawy
July 13th, 2008, 08:50 AM
What is really the difference between the two products? Seems the names are so close to one another..

Chuck S
July 13th, 2008, 09:12 AM
http://www.photopost.com/compare.html

That should assist you.

Merjawy
July 13th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Thank you

Chuck S
July 13th, 2008, 10:27 AM
No problem glad to assist.