PDA

View Full Version : restrict full size view in photopost

madmaxx
June 14th, 2008, 11:42 PM
hi
I'm currently using Coppermine but like many others i think their support stinks :mad:, id like to change, maybe to Photopost but before id'like to know something :

i have 2 mods that are very useful:
- one that restricts access to the full size picture to registered users only, instead of showing the full size picture, there's a download button that the user uses to download the picture.
- the second mod works with the first and limits the download of full size pictures to something like 20 per 30 days (so i can limit my bandwith), configurable by usergroup.

So my question is, can photopost do that, or if not is there some mods that can do it ? (since i don't have access to the 'Mod Corner' i can't check it myself).

thanks

madmaxx
June 17th, 2008, 07:28 PM
well, no one can answer these simple questions?
Can photopost do this or are there any mods that can do this ?

Chuck S
June 18th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hello

You can restrict guests from viewing anything but thumbnails by default through a setting in Admin area. Guests will get a message saying they must register. I do not know what modifications are posted since that is outside support but the second thing is not contained in Photopost so you would definately need to write some mod for that. You gain access to the modifications forums once a customer.

spirittina
July 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
thats the one thing that i loves about photopost it gives you many options when it comes to the safety of peoples or even your own images

i suggest you but photopost it looks great an awesome product

i was using coppermine before also and it sucked lol

this is my website using photopost
Main Index - DigitalDownUnder (http://digitaldownunder.com/gallery/index.php)

Chuck S
July 16th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Yes most who use coppermine come to our product because of the lack of features haphazzard coding and lack of support with freeware like that.