PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPost Classifieds Integration Question

NashChristian
June 12th, 2008, 09:11 PM
Hello.

First let me say that I'm running vB 3.6.7 PL1.

I see that your flagship product, PhotoPost PHP Pro comes in two flavors, an independant stand alone product, and a plug-in version for vB which utilizes the vB template system.

I am interested in possibly purchasing the PhotoPost Classifieds product, but need to know if this ALSO comes in two flavors, a stand alone product and a plug-in version for vB which utilizes the vB template system?

And can you switch between them once you purchase a license, the same as with your flagship product?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Jeff

Chuck S
June 13th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Classifieds comes in one flavor. Its integration works the same as our flagship product Photopost Pro. You install it to integrate with vbulletin and we pull the vb header footer stylesheet and use the vb login. Templates are located on our software not vb.

NashChristian
June 14th, 2008, 12:46 AM
Hello.

Thanks for the reply.

So, if I'm understanding you correctly, I have 5 styles on my vB, however with the PhotoPost classified, those styles won't work? Is that correct?

Does your product even include a "style chooser"? Either way, it isn't compatible with the vB styles, correct?

As for the vB Login, will users have to log into PhotoPost Classifieds if they are already logged into vB, or is the transition seamless?

As for the database, should your software share a database with my vB or have it's own?

Thanks!
:D Jeff

BTW, for some reason I never receive my 'instant email notification' when you reply to my threads (even though subscribed). Wierd.

NashChristian
June 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Bump...

Chuck S
June 20th, 2008, 12:29 PM
What I am saying is we load the style the user chooses in vbulletin. I beleive the style chooser is in your vb footer which we show so you can use that or you change your style in the vb profile. These are all vbulletin actions. Our classifieds will show the correct style the user chooses.

NashChristian
June 20th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Hello.

Thanks for the reply. Please answer the two questions below that got missed:

As for the vB Login, will users have to log into PhotoPost Classifieds if they are already logged into vB, or is the transition seamless?

As for the database, should your software share a database with my vB or have it's own? I can just as easily do either.

Thanks!
:D Jeff

Chuck S
June 20th, 2008, 01:02 PM
The login is one seamless login

As far as databases it can be either or. One database or separate does not matter. You place the database details for both in the config setup when installing classifieds.

NashChristian
June 20th, 2008, 01:07 PM
The login is one seamless login

As far as databases it can be either or. One database or separate does not matter. You place the database details for both in the config setup when installing classifieds.

So even if you have a separate database, pp will still use your seamless vB login (without having to login again) and pull the style that user has selected in their style chooser?

Thanks for the help!
Jeff

Chuck S
June 20th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Sure you place the proper database for photopost where asked and the proper vb database in the user portion and your good to go.

NashChristian
June 20th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Ok.

Thanks!
Jeff

Chuck S
June 20th, 2008, 02:01 PM
No problem Jeff have a good weekend and if there is anything else we can assist with let me know