PDA

View Full Version : vBgallery Support?

ski-whiz
June 11th, 2008, 06:53 PM
I didn't want to post this, but I'm not sure how else to address this,

I know the support man hours are limited for the products here.

Over the past two weeks I've been trying to get a few issues resolved with vBgallery. One deals with vbgalleries inability to create a thumbnail on certain gifs, while other photopost products are able to generate a thumbnail off the same image (the script ends up hanging in vbgallery).

Over the past week, I received one response to a few questions.

Now there are a number of vbgallery support questions with only a handfull of responses.

I have developed three of photopost's products into my websites. I've even recently renewed my licenses to get up to date products ($40 each).

While I don't want to post this, I know this type of issue is occuring, and possibly hurting your product line.

Check out this post in regards to the time it took for support:
http://www.photopost.com/forum/1225818-post11.html

Now with that, I don't know the specifics of their site being broken. I'm referring to the length to get issues fixed.

It doesn't take a lot of looking to find the lack of support.

I'm sorry I had to post this, but I feel this issue is a live with vBgallery.

Chuck S
June 12th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Do you have a thread with you specific issues with vbgallery so that someone may assist? Zachariah usually handles vbGallery support whereas I handle Photopost Pro,Reviewpost and Classifieds support. I can not comment on his handling time of threads but will surely try and assist if I can and try and get hold of Zachariah to bring this to his attention.

Zachariah
June 12th, 2008, 02:25 PM
There was a lot of PM's you did not read to gain access and change AdminCP russian to english.

- Once there was an answer found it was posted.

ski-whiz
June 12th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Do you have a thread with you specific issues with vbgallery so that someone may assist? Zachariah usually handles vbGallery support whereas I handle Photopost Pro,Reviewpost and Classifieds support. I can not comment on his handling time of threads but will surely try and assist if I can and try and get hold of Zachariah to bring this to his attention.

Thanks Chuck! I tried to ask you if he was busy or something, but your pm's are turned off..

There was a lot of PM's you did not read to gain access and change AdminCP russian to english.

- Once there was an answer found it was posted.

Thanks for responding in my random name question.

I'm not sure what you mean by "PM's you did not read to gain access and change AdminCP russian to english".

Zachariah
June 14th, 2008, 09:29 AM
There was a lot of behind the scenes with privet messages to gain access on that issue to a beta / upgrade site locked behind an htaccess. It was also in russian vs. english. This made me, a person who speaks american english, work slow untill I could swap the AdminCP to English.

It was a proccess of of elemination after that.

ski-whiz
June 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Chuck,

Is it possible to see if you can help us with the renaming of files? Zach posted a method to force every upload to be renamed, but it's suffering from the same thing the method I came up with is.

Here's the thread:
http://www.photopost.com/forum/vbgallery-how-do-i/136858-force-gallery-rename.html#post1227004

It appears Zach is away, and I'm pulling my hair out over this. It's been close to a month that I'm trying to get this simple mod to work.

I'm basically looking for a standard filename format, thats why I want the renaming to work. This way, I know the files came from me (don't like the watermark).

Thanks for considering helping me out!!!

Chuck S
June 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Sorry I dont really work with the vbgallery code. As a general rule I dont help with any types of code modification discussions outside the normal lines of support because once I do and I have done it in the past everyone expects me to do so and simply put I have my hands full with my normal job here and dont get alot of free time to play. My playtime is essentially the time I spend developing Classifieds and Reviewpost.

ski-whiz
June 28th, 2008, 10:04 PM
That stinks.... I've done a lot of the mod, but I just can't seem to find the code that's sending it through the random name portion twice. I even have it narrowed down to when a member uploads a single file. It works when you bulk upload, and when you upload an image via the "edit image" page...

Hopefully, Zach will be back, and can offer me a suggestion on what I'm missing..

Chuck S
June 28th, 2008, 11:05 PM
yeah never got into vbgallery here

ski-whiz
June 29th, 2008, 03:26 PM
I have an idle photopost license, so I'm going to use this.

I used your import script and it worked good. :D Thanks!

Vbgallery seems to be coded rather poorly (compared to photopost). Yes it works good, but there are situations that render it buggy.

So now everything is going good. I just have to try and figure out how to force photopost to rename uploads.

I found the imgchk portion in the uploadphoto.php, but I'm not able to figure it out. :(

I think photopost is a far superior product.. :D

Chuck S
June 29th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Look into the fixfilenames function in pp-inc.php ;)