PDA

View Full Version : Photopost Database Backup

Brian P
June 10th, 2008, 04:13 AM
In Admin/Backup Database the instruction is that the Gallery should be set to Closed in the config-inc.php file whilst doing a backup.
Where, in that file, is the option to do this please?
Brian.

Chuck S
June 10th, 2008, 08:18 AM
You can close or open your gallery in your admin options

Admin => Global Options => Gallery Open?

Brian P
June 10th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Thanks Chuck..
Closing the gallery and then backing up the database doesn't seem to be too successful - I get this after every file...doesn't look like anything is being backed up (my asterisks)

Command being used to execute dumps (specific tables are executed individually):

/usr/bin/mysqldump --opt -h localhost -********_gallery -pgad3ttL9 ********_gallery

Results:

Warning: system() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/mercmzbm/public_html/gallery/adm-misc.php on line 1977

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /pp_admingroups.sql in /home/mercmzbm/public_html/gallery/adm-misc.php on line 1979
Warning: pp_admingroups.sql is 0 bytes or did not get created.

You should double-check your .sql files to be sure the backup completed successfully.

Chuck S
June 11th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Your host has disabled certain php functions and therefore you can not use the backup feature or most likely Imagemagick or jpegtran on your install. I would suspect the reason you never saw this before was your using GD2 as your image processor.

Brian P
June 12th, 2008, 02:27 AM
Thanks Chuck - I'll take it up with HostPapa.com
Brian.

Chuck S
June 12th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Not a problem glad to assist.