PDA

View Full Version : Selling photos via Photopost?

BobHarbison
June 6th, 2008, 01:03 PM
I already use PP, and in fact have several licenses.

However, this is an application I haven't needed before. I'd like to set up a gallery of my photography, and also sell those images online. Ideally there would be some sort of a shopping cart, and the images would be sent to a third party for printing and shipping.

Is this something that Photopost supports?

Chuck S
June 6th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Photopost Pro does not have any commercial abilities included. To find a solution you must look at such print vendors which allow you to stick possible some specific html code in your template to pass any necessary information to them to be able to pay on their site and print the image. The specifics of this would need to be investigated by reviewing any possible such print vendors with this capability.

I know Michael for years tried to find specific vendors to be able to be used to supply that option to our customers but we never quite found any such vendor that would suit the needs of our software and be 100% compatible.

BobHarbison
June 6th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Chuck,

First off, as usual, thanks for the quick reply. The customer support here is one of main the reasons I like Photopost so much.

I'm sorry to hear you don't have any solutions for this. I suspect there are lots of other photographers out there who want to do the same sort of thing. (I'd love to think I'm the only guy who's thought of selling photos online, but...)

You mention you've already thought of it (no surprise there) and have tried to find a solution. Please consider trying to work something out so that it can be part of a future release, it would be a valuable addition to an excellent program.

BobHarbison
February 10th, 2009, 11:10 PM
I'd still love to see some kind of e-commerce solution, either as a part of the program, an extra cost plug-in or integration with something like SmugMug.

No reply needed, just a comment...