PDA

View Full Version : Customize ReviewPost ?

highopes
June 6th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I just went through the Demo of Review post and it looks fine to me, as per my needs. But there are certain feilds which I dont want and certain fields were missing. So my question is, can I customize the fields in Review post.
For example. the rating system for a product in your product is overall rating. Lets say, I want to review a laptop and features I want are:
1. Over all rating (out of 5)
2. Rating parameters:
a. Durablity (out of 5)
b. Ease of Use (out of 5)
c. After sales service (out of 5)
d. Price (out of 5)
3. Subjective review of the user about his experience about the product.
4. Pros of the product
5. Cons of the product
and some more features like would you like to refer this product to your friends: If YES - List of friends - Sellect Friends
No

Submit Review
----

When any member view the review of this product then the aggregate (average) appears (of the point no. 1 and 2) - and below is the column wise list of reviews of all the members who have reviewed with their name etc. And then the person who is reading the review can select a particular review and can read it full in a seprate page.

User have option to
1. read a prewriten review
2. Write a review to preexisting product
3. Add a new product and the review it(along with necessary tags)
4. User can add pics for their products.

I dont know if its there in the existing product or not. but please tell me if its possible or not. Or if i need to customize look and feel or want to add a few more parameters.

Thanks

Rathore

Chuck S
June 6th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Rathore,

The ratings system in general the default template has one rating. Now based on your specs you probally would not need to customize too much here. There is a customer service template also included in our product which has three ratings like overall customer service and pricing. Now you could essentially based on what your posting above since we already have a pro and con question on a review and the review itself where they post the experience review itself you only need 3 fields just that customer service template and alter the language strings for that template to suit your needs.

Also not so much as ratings but you can create unlimited extra fields per category or reviews in that category to have specific input boxes drop downs or radio buttons to collect and ask other questions and gather input.

Now the flow of the software is this. Posting a product and posting a review are two different things. You can post a product with up to 6 different images to represent it post all necessary info or answer any specific fields etc then users can review it and answer what you setup etc and rate it.

You set permissions of what users can do via the admin panel.

If you have further specific questions feel free to post or call our sales line Monday-Friday 9-4pm 1-800-346-9486 and talk with a sales associate.

highopes
June 8th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Thanks for your suggestion.
I need to ask one more thing, I have seen your product works well with Vbulletin and I dont think so it has any integration problem with Vbulletin. But Iam consedering Invision Power Board (IPB) for Forums, Blogs and Gallery for my site. So how is PostReview's compatiblity with IPB and whether it integrates well wil IPB ??

Which CMS would suffice my needs of community site with Forums, blogs, review and gallery features? Please suggest me best CMS ... Subdreamer, Joomla or Drupal or any other? DO you provide integration solution as well??

Thanks for help

Rathore

Chuck S
June 9th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Our product works well with the login and stylesheet of Invisionboard. As far as CMS that all depends what CMS works with invisionboard as to what you would use since that would not affect our integration with Inivisionboard. I honestly can not say what CMS works with Invisionboard. I run a vBulletin site with vbPortal as my CMS and it works well.

timber60
July 1st, 2008, 05:59 PM
Out curiosity, if I want to add fields to the product upload template, is there a way to do it in the admin screen that adds them to the database for you, or do we have to edit the template, add the database fields, etc. on our own?

Chuck S
July 1st, 2008, 08:30 PM
If you want to add additional fields you would go to admin edit categories and edit each category where you can define extra fields for each category. ;)