PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal to do?

Furvy
May 27th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I already know exactly how the copyright information is displayed; this is not a dumb request asking how I can remove it.

What I wish to know is if I can add a show/hide Javascript link which will hide the copyright information until someone clicks on it. The link will say something like "Show PP copyrights". The copyright information WILL remain intact, but someone has to click the link in order to see it; it will display directly below the "Show PP copyrights" link in the following manner:

Initially:
Show PP copyrights

After a user clicks the link:
Hide PP copyrights
Photo Sharing Gallery by PhotoPost
Copyright © 2007 All Enthusiast, Inc.

Is this legal to do?

trackpads
May 27th, 2008, 09:59 PM
No, I would recommend just purchasing the branding free option instead.

Furvy
May 27th, 2008, 11:36 PM
Umm... Can I get a reply from a developer or customer service rep please? Thanks

By the way, I'm not asking for someone to provide the code for me; I already know how to do that. I simply want to know if doing something like this violates the terms.

trackpads
May 28th, 2008, 05:38 AM
All copyright notices used throughout the program, within the scripts and within the HTML that the scripts generate, MUST remain intact. Furthermore, these notices, including "powered by" wording that appears online, must remain visible to the human eye, and may only be removed if you have purchased the branding free option and have the express consent of All Enthusiast, Inc. to do so. Your acceptance of this agreement also permits All Enthusiast, Inc. to list your company and/or domain in promotional materials and/or on our website, unless a special agreement is made prohibiting such use.

PhotoPost Photo Gallery License Agreement (http://www.photopost.com/phplicense.html)