PDA

View Full Version : Does the gallery work in the vb forum?

Buurman
May 19th, 2008, 02:25 AM
My exact question is really...

Does te gallery also replace all uploads of pictures in the forum (the newly added after installation)?

Because, right now, all uploads are stored in the database, wich sucks, because its growing out of control.

So, I want to buy and install this nice gallery, but only if it can use the uploads of the pictures in the "normal" forums, and add those to the gallery.

And store them as files, not in the database.

Is this all possible with this nicely featured product?

Thx...

Chuck S
May 19th, 2008, 06:19 AM
You do not replace the vb attachments function with the gallery. You could turn off you vb attachements feature and use the gallery sure but they are essentially two separate applications.

Artemis
November 6th, 2008, 03:06 PM
So Chuck: you're saying there's no way for my users to easily put images from the Photopost into their vBulletin posts? (short of using [img] tags) ??

Chuck S
November 6th, 2008, 03:41 PM
There are html direct or bbcode links shown under Photos in the gallery you can use in forum posts.

Artemis
November 11th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Is there a way to display the direct link with the bbcode [ img] tags included? I am just trying to reduce the number of steps required for my users to pop their gallery images into a vB forum thread :)

StuartDH
November 11th, 2008, 05:44 PM
take a look at the geek popup hack on vbulletin.org for a very easy way to add pp images to forum posts

Chuck S
November 11th, 2008, 08:16 PM
That is a nice little vb hack.