PDA

View Full Version : Does photopost integrate with Joomla 1.5?

BigHaus
May 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Presently running Joomla 1.5, would like to add a photopost gallery. Do the two work together?

Does the installation service cover this?

Tks-

Chuck S
May 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hello sorry as noted in our supported integrated we do not support Joomla.

http://www.photopost.com/featuresphp.html#forum

b6gm6n
May 13th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm sure you can import pictures or rather show them on Joomla pages... i'll let you know how i get one as & when I've done mine :)

eastestuary
July 14th, 2008, 11:54 PM
I used the mambo integration for 3 sites already, and have been a Photopost user for many many years. Mambo is essentially not developed anymore, and Joomla tooks its code and has developed aggressively. My sites that have used the mambo integration are now broken.

In one site I cannot login into Photopost at all! So, how do I get in? I can still get into the database. Should I simply remove the line where it says "User Registration System" and replace it with nothing or "PhotoPost"? Will that suddenly allow me to login?

Very much need some immediate assistance! B=0

Chuck S
July 15th, 2008, 12:10 AM
You can reinstall the sites as standalones and see if that will let you login but you may need to clear the usergroups table first before reinstalling.

Actually just for clarification Mambo is still being developed

Home - The Mambo Foundation (http://mambo-foundation.org/)

Why would you sites be broken if you are still using mambo unless you switched to Joomla which we dont support?

Basically mambo is still around and joomla is an offshoot. Their was a developer war over at mambo and the teams split and both products are being developed in separate directions. at least thats my understanding.

eastestuary
July 15th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Man you respond fast!

Yes Mambo still exists, and yes I have installed Joomla on these sites. I like all others had to make a choice between the two factions. I went the Joomla route. I'm afraid the lack of Photopost support has been rather inconvenient. But now that it is not working at all, I will likely have to find another gallery system to put on my sites. That is the unfortunate truth for me.

In the meantime, you are suggesting:

Clear out the usergroups table
Reinstall photopost
Keep Photopost and Joomla totally separate

Is that correct? Anything special I should consider?

In one site I now have all members working with Joomla and Community Builder. They work well together for this purpose, but my Photopost installation does not. Any suggestions for the future?

Chuck S
July 15th, 2008, 11:12 AM
There are really no other suggestions I can have for you. Yes if you want to use your gallery since you gave up your integration then you would need to reinstall as a gallery as a standalone.

I cant tell you what the future brings maybe joomla support maybe not. I can tell you I looked at it once and there was simply no way as it would have taken months of time to try it.