PDA

View Full Version : classifieds / photopost with threads 7.3

Ian_W
May 8th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Hi,

Thinking of buying classifieds.

Can you confirm if it (and photopost) is fully compatible with threads 7.3 (now released), as a lot has changed with groups and user info in 7.3.

Many thanks.

Chuck S
May 8th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I dont think anyone full tested this so users would have to let us know.

There was a thread here on discussion of 7.3 and there is really only one change we have seen the guests usergroups is now 5 instead of 4 so all you need to do is make one change in the threads7.php file

http://www.photopost.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135452&highlight=threads

If this is an upgrade you will need to rename your groups manually since we cache group info but making that one minor change you should be fine on a new install.

Ian_W
May 9th, 2008, 06:52 AM
If I purchase today, I assume you will either support 7.3 or refund?

I am sure it will be the former, but I ought to ask just in case someone turns round and says we can't support 7.3 due to xyz.

Many thanks.

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 09:17 AM
Of course we support it or would assist you if you have issues. 7.3 as I stated the only change is whats noted there. Someone gave me access to their site and thats all we found. They changed their group numbers. If you make the change their in that file and do a new install you wont have any issues because you arent upgrading a site.

Ian_W
May 9th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks - place the order a couple of hours ago along with a renewal, just waiting for approval ;)

Will let you know if I find any issues.

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Not a problem its the upgrade people that need to do extra work renaming all their cached usergroups.

Ian_W
May 9th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Testing MOGRIFY at: /usr/bin/mogrify.... WARNING!
Cannot find ImagicMagick's MOGRIFY command listed as: /usr/bin/mogrify

Be sure that the name of the executable is listed in this variable and that there are no spaces in the path to mogrify.There were 1 WARNING message(s). If you are okay with the warnings, you may continue, otherwise GO BACK to change your config-inc.php or click refresh to try again!
Verification Completed!

locate mogrify says....

/usr/bin/mogrify
/usr/share/doc/ImageMagick-6.2.8/www/mogrify.html
/usr/share/man/man1/mogrify.1.gz

So not sure why it is showing up this error?

Chuck S
May 9th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Just go through the install and test after I dont know why maybe permissions?