View Full Version : Switching from phpbb to vbulletin
April 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I have a current Photopost Pro integrated with phpbb and I've recently purchased the new version of vBulletin. Is there any way of changing things without losing all the photos that I have in my gallery already?
Could you kinda lead me through, step by step as to what I would need to do to keep everything integrated?
Thanks for any help
April 21st, 2008, 07:09 AM
1. upgrade photopost if not using the latest
2. install vb
3. use vb impex system to import phpbb
4. empty the pp_usergroups table in your photopost database so on next step your vb usergroups will get imported
5. rerun photopost install using same prefix and database to integrate with vb. this will not delete data
6. run the userfix script from our photopost import forum here to realign userid's when you switch integration
September 5th, 2008, 08:25 AM
so, import users and usergroups then empty the tables?
I'd need to just upload the install folder of photopost?
September 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Nope you clear the usergroups table of photopost and the reinstall Photopost using the install script and install with vb3 integration.
June 10th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I am about to do the phpBB to vBulletin switch, and have some questions on the instruction Chuck kindly provided us here.
On Step 5, you said "rerun photopost install using same prefix and database to integrate with vb. this will not delete data".
When you say "this will not delete data", what types of data are you referring to? If our forum has over 10,000 users and many users have photopost gallery established, will these photos and their galleries be preserved and re-linked to their profile after switched from phpBB to vBulletin?
I remember when you first install photopost, you will be given a choice of install the photopost database standalone or within the forum database.
(a) When we installed photopost with phpBB, we set up the database within the phpBB forum - will this be a problem with the switch?
(b) Do we backup only those photopost tables?
(c) When we switch to vBulletin, are we better off or can we make the photopost database separate from vBulletin given our old set up?
The last question is, will you be available for hire to help us complete this switch?
Thanks so much for your help.
June 10th, 2009, 12:38 PM
1. does not delete any data means if you install into the same database and table prefix all you are doing is updating settings which needs to be updated you can not insert data for rows that already exist in mysql
2. This depends on your. Remember your switching your forums before you begin the Photopost part and doing your import from one forum to another. When you reinstall Photopost your keeping the photopost database the same as your installing into the same tables. Now as to whatever database you use for the forum that depends on how you install vb in its own database or the same. You just enter the proper details under user database on the install config portion to connect to vbulletin database when reinstalling.
If you need us to reinstall photopost after you do your forum switch if your not comfortable doing the gallery reinstall just simply purchase an install service.
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.